1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nobody ever had a chance ...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by AstrosRockets1818, May 20, 2019.

1. AstrosRockets1818

Portland swept by the Durant-less Warriors. Aka James Harden and the Rockets choked. Blah blah.

Even the dumb Rockets fans should shut up. This Warriors dynasty is the most impressive thing we’ve seen in the NBA since the GOAT, Michael Jeffrey Jordan.

They are better than every team. Is what it is.
    I ****ing hate them. They can keep winning every year if they want to.

Warriors
    Mini gap
    Rockets
    Huge gap
    Rest of NBA.

gatsby, RocketRed84, ak99999 and 9 others like this.
  2. xaos

xaos Member

I have never hated the Warriors until Durant joined them, and I was a Durant fan.

gatsby, RocketRed84, ak99999 and 6 others like this.
  3. AstrosRockets1818

I have die hard Longhorn buddies that wanna destroy him now lol.

All my family is OU. When Durant was in OKC. He could have done Hook’em horns down the streets of OKC and he would be praised.
    A total 180 now.

The real losers are still the Seattle Sonics

RocketRed84, lw17, homewight and 2 others like this.
  4. smp

smp Member

This is true. Nothing else to say. Tip your cap.

We will see what the Bucks can do. I think they have a legit shot to win but it's hard to tell since they play in the East.

amaru and xaos like this.
  5. xaos

xaos Member

The Bucks have had one of the better chances to play the Warriors in the last few years because they have athletes, discipline and length. That's the way to beat offensive rebounds and ball movement. Now they've added threes and a leader.

I still think Warriors win, but Bucks and Rockets were the two teams I thought had a chance.

6. lalala902102001

The Warriors have more playoffs experience than any other team in the NBA at this point. That is an important factor in these close games. They are the favorite until they are beaten.

smp likes this.
  7. rantsolpuella13

Supporting Member

Warriors now have 9-10 days (depending on how long the TOR/MIL series last) to rest, game plan against both teams, and get back KD, if his strain isn’t a grade 3 injury, and/or even Cousins (definitely at minimum Iguodala).

Bucks are starting to show that the lights may be too bright (let’s see how Game 4 goes, but they are super mistaken prone and any mistake will be jumped on by GSW), and Kawhi may be running on fumes and hurt if somehow TOR pulls off the upset. Either way whoever gets out of the ECF will already have a 3-4 days minimum rest disadvantage vs GS.

Golden State winning their 3rd chip in a row feels like an almost guarantee. Yes, the games still need to be played, but it doesn’t even feel like we have to speculate much further.

What the ultimate letdown to a season filled with a lot of them.

RocketRed84 and everyday eddie like this.
  8. KePoW

KePoW Contributing Member

Bucks have a chance. Like a 10% to 15% chance

9. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

lw17, Patience and arno_ed like this.
  10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

its almost like they were better than the gsw until the refs gifted a decisive game 7 to the warriors last year and gifted them game 1 this year

long live the dynasty
    [​IMG]

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

12. Clutchkid13

Clutchkid13 Member

Warriors will get the 3 peat followed by Lebron’s Lakers making him 6-6

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Manufactured Greatness*

14. JW86

JW86 Member

Yeah, I still don't see this team is something great beyond the fact that Steph & Klay are amazing shooters and Draymond is decent at basketball. Without the help again this year, we would've had a serious chance, with that game 1 rig job. It also took two of our starters to go AWOL for at least 5 out of 6 games for them to barely beat us.

15. Homey the Clown

But they still won. That's all that matters in the end and that's what history will remember.

lw17 likes this.
  16. JW86

JW86 Member

It’s basketball so couldn’t care less what people will remember. People think the Rockets won in 93-95 only because of MJ’s absence. I and you know what really happened and so will I remember both of these series to be tainted by the refs.

rantsolpuella13, hakeem94 and juanm34 like this.
  17. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Starting next year you should be able to stop hating them as Durant should be moving on to another team. Even if Thompson moves on as well, I think they will keep winning as it's Curry's team and as much as we all dislike the Donkey he probably does more things to help them win that go unnoticed than any of their other stars. I am afraid we are going to have to watch Curry shimmy and suck on his pacifier and Draymond get away with more dirty play as GSW continue to find a way to win.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Almost should be underscored, until everyone was gassed, MDA called less and less TOs, the bench became thinner and thinner.

lw17 and snowconeman22 like this.
  19. AstrosRockets1818

Astros could have like another 10 game win streak before the NBA finals start.

NBA is trash

lw17 likes this.
  20. solid

solid Contributing Member

No one has ever explained to me how GS seems to have unlimited resources, can afford multiple max contracts, and the rest of the teams in the NBA can't.
    As to talent, no one is even close to GS. Plus they are the best at putting it all together and playing team ball. Their defense is ferocious. Their passing is beautiful and their teamwork is unmatched. Their bench players could form another playoff team. The might be even better without the best player in the league, Kevin Durant. The whole thing is absurd. They have made the NBA a joke.

rantsolpuella13 and daywalker02 like this.