1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Noah available for 1st round pick + trade exception?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

1. They are unlikely to contend next year. The ACL replacement surgery has an 8-12 month recovery period, and a player is likely not 100% for another year after returning. It's pretty major stuff, take a look at the following video:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ngokW0RqAyM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Even waiving Kover, Watson and Brewer won't allow the Bulls to avoid the luxury tax if they re-sign Asik next season. Specifically, doing so would leave them with 7 players making $64 million. If Asik takes up $5 million (as expected), they will for sure exceed the $70.3 million tax threshold filling the 5 more remaining roster spots.

3. Trading Boozer for Gordon and Daye also will not help them avoid the tax next year-- in fact, Gordon and Daye combine to make more than Boozer does next season. (And this is assuming the Detroit would make this deal and take on more years with Boozer's contract.)

2. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

My goodness man. After watching that, there is no way Derrick Rose is ever the same again.

3. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

This is what i had anticipated for a few weeks now. Instead of the rockets forum getting so amped over asik.....maybe it is time we focus on the real prize. Joakim Noah.

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

People do come back from ACL surgery and some return 100% or close to it. However, the procedure is no joke.

BTW, am I the only one who is oddly fascinated by all the surgery videos in on youtube?

Here's an animated version of the ACL procedure, which better shows what's going on without all that blood:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/q96M0jRqn7k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Star like Gasol...does not compute.

6. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Did you have to post that video? Man thats gross. Im normally used to more lighthearted attachments from you. :)

1,2,3 make total sense. I didn't know the recovery would take that long. There is absolutely no point in paying luxury if they cant compete. 1st round pick+Asik+Gibson can do their thing two years down the track when Rose is ready to go again. Plus they will have cap room too. I get it now. It all makes sense.

If worse comes to worse and they work a deal and cant resign their guys. They should just try a Boozer for Brand trade, then buy him out.

7. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

^^ If worse comes to worse and they CANT work a deal and cant resign their guys. They should just try a Boozer for Brand trade, then buy him out.

8. Htown's2kFinest

Trade both picks for him if needed. Then get Pau if we can.

9. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

I like it, but that does not make the Rockets contenders. What moves could they make after that to get them there?

10. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

Dragic
    Deng
    Parsons
    Pau
    Noah

I like that lineup.

11. Htown's2kFinest

You don't think a lineup that consist of Dragic, Parson, Gasol, and Noah isn't a contender? I think we'd be a top team in the West barring injuries. I don't see a much better situation unless Dwight Howard makes a home here. Resign Courtney Lee. Pick up Gerald Green to play as a scorer in our 2nd unit and sign Ish Smith to back up Dragic. Both are unrestricted free agents and could be had on the cheap possibly. A solid and young athletic team to move forward with.

12. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Iso is this a get er done morey or are we passing noah

13. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

Most years it would be but I don't think it wwould be now. I dont see that team beating the Thunder or the Heat, but i could be wrong.

14. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I think morey is blowing up the bulls gone right now for Noah we have been close to dealing with the bulls before I think we are due to do a trade with them this time and if we can swing another deal for gasol that would be sick with a lineup of
    Dragic
    Lee
    Parsons
    Gasol
    Noah
    And with d-mo to I'm not sure what the rest of the bench would look like but we would set for years to come

15. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Dragic
    Lee
    Parsons
    Gasol
    Noah sounds like an ok line up

16. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

We would be better on defensively with Noah and better offensively with gasol makes sense to add both in morey we trust

17. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Given the situation with Rose, I would kick the tires and see how interested they might be in:
    Lowry
    Dalembert
    Dallas pick

for Noah (LOL at Deng and his idiotic salary)

Can't justify one of our "real" first rounders in a deal involving Kyle, but it would solve a lot of their problems
    Cheap, strong stand in for Rose under contract for two more years
    Minor cap relief with $11M out and $7.25M returning (assuming Sam waived)

My guess is, Chicago's hoping to reel in someone like Sacramento, Toronto, or Charlotte (high picks, can offer complete TEs)

18. Horry33

Horry33 Contributing Member

I'm just passing along a rumor that I heard from a friend of a friend that saw him at Memorial hospital I think he said. If true, could he be here for a physical. Don't get too excited but at the same time if it turns out to be true...rep me ;)

If this deal goes down I'm wondering if Lowry would be involved.

1 person likes this.
  19. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Salaries do not have to match. Taking back salary from Chicago would be critical in this deal.

20. David Stern

David Stern Member

Saw Noah?