1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

No trade needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by vince, Feb 21, 2000.

1. vince

vince Member

Get this, there will be no trade this week. Why, because nobody is desperate for one of our guys. And, Rudy will not allow himself to get rapped by other GM's out there trying to pry the most from him as possible for as least as possible. Well, maybe rudy is doing the prying but either way, rudy wants what he thinks is fair value for his guys plus a little bit more [​IMG])

But, reality is that this team has a plan of building for the future. The last thing this team wants to do is dismantle a team that is bearly pulling together to form something special. So, why break it appart when nothing has been set to build for this team. This team wants to set a foundation for the future. This is a completely different team than any previously known to us.

Mobley, Drew, Cato, Williams, Francis, Thomas, Anderson, Rogers, likely will not win a championship as a unit. So why try to keep this team together, because a team that doesn't give up is a good example to its players. If this team starts to trade just to trade, then this team will be headed nowhere fast!!!!!!!!!!!! And the players that do stick around will be headed there just as soon, NOWHERE!!!!!!

Unless a francis deal presents itself, no trade is going to be done.

2. Johnny Rocket

Johnny Rocket Contributing Member

I agree with you. Our current young core unit is starting to work well together and if Hakeem can have more games like last night we wont have a great team but we will have a good team and a very, very bright future (that is if we dont break up that core).

I would not trade mobley for two reasons:
    1. He is good friends w/ Francis and really complements his playing.
    2. He is a good player in his own right.

We need to make sure we can lock up Francis for many many years to come.

------------------
    ~John~
    Trade No One and Keep Rudy T.
    JohnyRocket's Fan Site

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I AGREEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Let's look at our Championship rosters from 93-95.

How many people were acquired through trade?

OT, Kenny Smith, Vernon Maxwell, Mario Elie.

Championship 2....Clyde Drexler.

Yep you guys are right, why trade to make your team better, it has never worked before.

DaDakota

"HeyPartner, now that is how you do sarcasm"

5. vince

vince Member

DaDakota, there is no way that this team needs a complete overhall. Oh, by the way didn't francis come through a trade. Didn't Drew come to the Rockets essentialy via the draft picks for Willis trade. Oh, don't forget Cato another traded guy. Rogers is here because of a trade? Williams is product of a trade as well.

Anderson, Bullard, Thomas, Mobley, and Hakeem are the only guys on this team who didn't come via trade.

Drew, Mobley, and Thomas (oh, don't forget Hakeem) are here because of brilliant drafting by the front guys of the Rockets.

But, no more trades are needed. Not now at least!!!!!!!!!! This team needs to build some sort of an identity before it can continue to grow.

And sure enough it is looking good!

6. Hydra

Hydra Member

Another guy acquired through trade, Charles Barkley. I don't think trading hurts the team too much.

7. heypartner

the clock is ticking...

Still no one will take my bet that Mobley is still on the Team come Friday.

8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Probably because nobody cares...

Just thinking out loud.
    Carry on.

------------------
    trade them all and fire the coach.

9. vince

vince Member

Like I said, no trade was needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Heypartner, if Mobley is traded, I will become a Vancouver Grizzlies fan, and join forces with "Give your head a shake."

OK, not really, but I would be irritated!

11. heypartner

You're starting to lay it on with ceaseless abandon now DoD. There is a fine line between making us laugh at ourselves and exposing the fact you really have a problem with me. get over it. don't become a stalker.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Here is something to stuff in your pipe and smoke.

THE ROCKETS HAVE TO MAKE A TRADE !

What you say? That is right, they have to trade in order to take advantage of the 4.5 million trade exception.

So, enjoy this team all you like, because by next year there will be at least 3-4 different faces, and at least 2 different MAJOR contributors.

HAH !!!

[​IMG]

DaDakota

PS. Why trade anyone when you can lose all you want with the current team you have now?

13. heypartner

DaDakota,

I've got a full pipe already. I don't much like your stuff anyways. Here's my stuff:

TMass + $4.5m = anything Falk wants for Mo Taylor in a sign-n-trade. How many other Full Birds out there want more money than their current team is willing to pay them?

Count on a Summer sign-n-trade using TMass and the exception.

14. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

Man, this trading deadline is over and I'm already looking to the summer. So who are the major free agents this summer?