1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

No Reason Not To Sign Kap

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by mugrakers, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The fact that Kap was disrespectful over a false narrative and embarrassed himself as a result along with the majority of the Texans players going along with Duane Brown and embarrassing themselves over a false narrative has nothing to do with Kap being terrible at football. If he was good at football, he'd have a job. Simple as that.

I'm sorry you feel like you need to wear the tin foil hat on this one.

2. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I have never said there was a conspiracy against the guy. Just that he would be the best addition this team could possibly make to continue to be a competitive squad. You're constantly bending statements to further narratives. It's been going on for years around here. Kind of like when you posted the photo of the white guy with red hair claiming it was Kaepernick to support your claim that he was protesting a false narrative that had nothing to do with him. Does that sound familiar? Yeah, like something you're doing around here constantly. Oh, my brother, you are the Irony King.

3. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

But just because he was decent several years ago when he had the best roster in the NFL, doesn't mean he's good now. Schaub was good when Kap was good to put into perspective how long it's been.

4. mick fry

mick fry Member

I haven't watched all year or I might give a ****. May be a good time to abandon the Titantic.

#104 mick fry, Nov 5, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
  5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

But clearly there would have to be a conspiracy against him if he was a good enough QB to be the difference between a team potentially not winning another game and them making the playoffs. If literally any team in the NFL thought that Kap was that good, he'd be signed right now.

I mean, at least realize that you are wearing the damn tin foil hat if you are going to go that route.

6. Two Sandwiches

Once again, bending words and supporting a narrative.

He was almost signed by Baltimore, but his girlfriend ruined that for him.

I'm saying that in our situation, he could potentially take this team to the playoffs. There may not be another situation as unique in the league for him.

Just because your voice is the loudest, it does not make you the smartest. In fact, it will usually expose you as a dunce. So, if you're going to wear the damn dunce cap, at least realize you're wearing it. Maybe then, you can someday remove it.

csj and el gnomo like this.
  7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So to support what you are saying you point out that he got a call from a team once.....that then decided that he wasn't worth it. The team who decided that Kap wasn't good enough to sign is a team that had to play Ryan Mallett twice this season.

So that's your case for saying that he's a good QB that could take the Texans to the playoffs....

Again, I preferred this kind of nonsense when it was talking about Vince Young.

8. Two Sandwiches

Weren't you riding Ryan Mallet's jock at one point? I think that was shortly after you posted the Grape Sox picture of "Kaepernick."

Also, that was in no way a reference as to why I believe he is the best option out there for the Texans. I said that to show that I don't believe in a conspiracy theory tin foil hat type situation. Once again, the dunce cap. That's probably what's giving you the headache.

9. Sanity2disChaos

Only people like you feel it is a distraction and can’t ignoring it and won’t realize to full meaning and move on. I asks for an alternative to this problem and I assume you didn’t watch the game today?! Savage is a system guy!! I’d take you over Savage and that scrub they picked up and that’s not saying much.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No, but that was the narrative that some trolls were pushing at one point. They are convinced that I'm a big fan of a different player every year and that I hate a different player every year.....but they are trolls, so who cares?

They were convinced that I was a huge Mallett fan (and that I hated Hoyer, they were right about the second part), a huge Osweiler fan (and that I hated Savage), a huge Fitz fan (and that I hated Mallett), a huge Keenum fan (they were right on that one), now they say I'm a huge Savage fan and that I hate Watson....it's really just the same ridiculous BS from those knuckle draggers every single season.

Now back on topic, unless it was some massive conspiracy some team would have signed Kap if they thought he was the caliber of QB that you seem to think. So which is it? Massive conspiracy, or literally every team in the league disagreeing with your evaluation of Kap?

I mean, even the Pats passed on Kap and they signed Tebow at one point. Even the Jets passed on Kap and their QB situation has been a joke for years.

Face it, the ONLY reason that a certain group of people have convinced themselves that Kap is worth a damn as a QB is due to his political BS.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, only people like me along with literally every team in the NFL.

As to picking me over Savage, hate to say it, but that would be a mistake. Perhaps several knee and shoulder injuries ago that would be one thing (and you still wouldn't want me over Savage), but now you are MUCH better off with Savage.

I mean, this is kind of what I was expecting to see all season long, if anything we should be happy that Watson stepped up and looked great in order to give us hope for the future.

12. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

But why do you think this? He's 3-16 the last 2 years and this current version of the Texans have a mediocre OL and no defense

13. Two Sandwiches

As I said, the offense we were running with Watson was different than essentially any other in the league, besides Kansas City. It was similar to what he was running his first year or two in San Francisco and college. I think he could succeed in it. He has the skill set to do so.

14. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

The reason Watson makes it work it because we have 2 excellent WR and Watson can really throw. Without the ability to throw, that offense can't work. When you take away the throwing that type of offense doesn't work.

15. Two Sandwiches

Kaepernick has a much stronger arm than Watson. He would have one of the strongest in the league, actually.

If accuracy is a question, his career numbers aren't great, at 60%, but his TD to int ratio is nearly 2.5. Last year he threw 16 TDs to only 4 picks.

No reason he can't work here.

#115 Two Sandwiches, Nov 5, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
    Fulgore likes this.
  16. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Right now the team has nothing to make you want to watch them. No offense, no defense. Heck, no promise of a first or second round draft pick. Kaepernick may not make the team better, but at least you'd want to watch them.

HTown_TMac and red5rocket like this.
  17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well, YOU might for political reasons, but many many more would tune out because the football and the political nonsense would get worse.

mick fry likes this.
  18. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

Then its safe to say people who tune out are not true Texan fans. If people cared about the Texans winning, they would want a QB that would give them the best chance to win with the exception of domestic violence or being accused of murder.

I think it's silly that some fans are against signing Kap due to the "circus" he would bring.

Two Sandwiches and Fulgore like this.
  19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well I would agree, true Texans fans wouldn't want to make the franchise a circus for political reasons....and yet we keep hearing about Kap.

It would be one thing if he was actually good at football, but he's simply not. If he was, he'd have been picked up by a team already. He's a fringe bench quality QB and the circus aspects of him make him unemployable. It's honestly not much different than if there were Texans fans pushing to sign Tebow.

20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I guess at this point we may want to tank?

Not exactly sure what the strategy should be