1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

No matter what are you proud???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TMac4Life#1, May 16, 2009.

1. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

Less than 24hrs is the biggest game of the season. Basically this is our season. All I want to know is how do you guys feel win or lose. No McGrady, No Yao, No Deke and yet we are giving the Lakers ( the team who supposed 2 be the favorites to win it all ) a run for their money.

Rafer Alston was traded. A move that basically signaled that The Rockets were giving up because McGrady was lost for the season. Aaron Brooks and Kyle Lowry proved they can handle more than what was expected from the two. The emergence of Von Wafer to add instant offense off the bench and the return of Carl Landry ( so glad that he is doing better ).

With a lineup of

Hayes
    Scola
    Battier
    Artest
    Brooks

going up against the likes of Bynum, Gasol, Ariza, Bryant, and Fisher this team shouldn't have stood a chance after game 1. On paper the Lakers should have swept up but instead we are going 2 a game 7.

Win or Lose ( obviously I'm looking for a win :D ) I must say I'm real proud of how well these guys played considering the troubles that were going on earlier in the season. If there was even any trouble to begin with in the 1st place. I say in the offseason we should just stand pat and keep who we have now. Keep Ron keep Von and lets repeat next year ;)

how do you guys feel?? :D

2. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Why is that even a question. Whoever is not proud of this team, win or lose, is not a real fan.

3. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

well then there must not be real fans on here despite the way this board is when this team loses. Everyone or most people are saying we need to trade this person for this person and such n such..

Despite the outcome of this game guys should be proud that we did sooooo much with less.

4. CountyClerk

CountyClerk Member

and this can't be post in the other "ARE YOU PROUD?" thread?

5. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

well i didn't know there was one. i know there are useless threads popping up every single minute. I didn't mean to add on. Thanks for tellin me

6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I'm proud of them without a doubt,we have no business being here. They have come through a lot of adversity. I'm hopeful that our guys will fight out to the end tomorrow.

7. vanilla_ice

vanilla_ice Member

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Beyond description.

DD

9. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I don't even think this question should be asked. If you are a die-hard Houston Rockets fan, you should be more than proud.

10. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

'Proud' doesnt do the feeling feeling I have justice.

11. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

I cannot begin to describe how proud I am of this team. Regardless of what happens tomorrow (and I think we have a 50% chance at winning), this team has shown more heart than any team I can remember watching...and I was watching in the mid 80's and onward.

Nothing but pride...

12. Cav000

Cav000 Member

i'm proud of our team , i'm grateful this team give so much courage,hope and joy.

but i always feel L.A.(even the league) wanted the Game 7. for large amout of money..and L.A. might have done something for this .

anyway , we get the chance now. but we really need to take care.

proud of this team ;)

13. roxstarz

roxstarz Member

if we had yao and tmac (the good tmac not this injured one) we would have blown out the lakers in 5.

14. YaoZow

YaoZow Member

Hell yeah I'm proud.

This is a team I can root for; playing against all odds and putting the Fakers on notice.

15. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member

I've been watching the Rockets since 1980 and that includes 4 trips to the NBA finals where everyone knows Houston won two of those Championships. But I was just thinking today win or lose tomorrow I have never been more proud of a team as this one. This is a true undermaned team yet I see no other team with so much heart and passion to win. Yes I'll be posting tomorrow " Damn It Brooks stop turning the ball over " " Artest stop jacking up 3's " or whatever I see them doing wrong but in the end they are my passion and yes I will be upset IF the lose but more upset because the season will be over. I have always been one to not watch the Playoffs once the Rockets are out because I just don't care for any other team :)

16. roxstarz

roxstarz Member

this team has the most heart of any team in NBA, to lose your 2 best players and still be tied 3-3 with the lakers is an amazing feature.

17. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

No matter what, I am watching all 48 minutes tomorrow. If we win, then it will be the next step towards becoming a champion, and if we don't, then it will be the last chance I get to witness this amazing team this year.

Soak it all in people, because this team is special no matter what.

18. ringin08

ringin08 Member

I want to see us play Denver so bad so that we can shut up the tv announcers once again that I can taste it!

But like every other true fan, even if we got blown out by 40 again tomorrow..I shall make no complaints. I would be highly disappointed in that one game, but I wouldn't let that ruin for me what turned out to be a great season despite all the adversity.

But more than anything, I want to feel the excitement of the game tomorrow and want to see it decided in the last two minutes...unless we blow them out by 40! :p

19. apollo33

apollo33 Member

If they pour their hearts out like they did game 4 and 6, I'd be really proud no matter the scored. of course its be best if we win, but seriously i've gain a whole new level of respect for them

20. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Contributing Member

Well, I was going to wait until the end of the game to make my post.

Win or Lose.

However, with all of the different threads popping up and me just unable to concentrate on anything other than the game tomorrow, I figured I would just go ahead and post.

I love this team. It is as simple as that. What this team has been able to accomplish with all of the adversity is nothing short of amazing. What is more amazing is how this team has evolved during the course of the season. This is a completely different team than the team that went into Dallas in the first week of the season and won. This is a different team than the team that coughed up home victories to Wizards and Pacers. This is a different team than team that went into Boston and won short handed.

There was a time that I thought this team would struggle to win 47 games. I was convinced we were a 7th seed waiting to happen and faced a certain first round exit. Somewhere along the way, this team changed its identity. They became a team. I know a lot of posters think McGrady was the reason this team struggled and that it was alleviated once he was shut down. While there is some truth to it, I dont find that to be the case.

What I found was that as the season wore on, the Rockets become more focused, more dedicated. This was especially true on the defensive end. Once the defense turned around, so did our season.

To this point, this season has been highlighted by so many highs and lows.

1) Scola's lay up against the Spurs.
    2) Road win against Boston.
    3) The devastating loss to the Mavericks in the last game of the season.
    4) Roy's buzzer beating dagger.

I know I am rambling and there is no direction in this post. However, I am just so DAMN PROUD of this team and what they represent. They are tough, have heart, gritty, and most all they are an excellent basketball team.

I dont know about you guys, but I dont think I will be able to sleep for a minute tonight.