1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

No body died! Looking for positive.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Caveman, Dec 10, 1999.

1. Caveman

Caveman Member

I like Charles' game very much. I think in a way he is a much smarter player than Hakeem. He was fun and entertaining to watch. Now, he is gone, but not dead. I think that we will see him very soon on NBC with his funny lines shooting our of his mouth. Hmmmm, may be he will get to call a Blazer game, and will be able to jab Mr. Pippen anyway he wants to.

As far as Rockets is concerned, now, Rudy is going to be shown if he is as a bad coach as I believe or actually a great coach. I am going to compare him with Doc Rivers whoes best player on the team is D. Amstrong. Rockets is much more talented than Doc's team.

Now there should be no more excuse for D-I-T and lack of team play with their offense. So everything about Rudy's coaching should become very clear to we Houstonians next few weeks. They should be able to get better winning percentage than Magics. So far Rudy is 0-1. I am counting.

--------------------------------
    "Let's play as a team", says Rudy.

[This message has been edited by Caveman (edited December 09, 1999).]

2. Finalfantasy

Finalfantasy Member

Now that Dream and CB is out, Francis is too young to carry the team, Rudy got no one to dump it in and cover his ass now. Nightmare to Rudy T.

3. DaneB

DaneB Member

You've got to realize though that the leaders of the Magic are already established and so is their style of offense. This team needs to learn what its like to play without Barkley before they can continue.

4. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

Pass 1st shoot 2nd Contributing Member

Caveman,
    Long time no hear. But to the point: it will take a little longer to see the results you want than a week will provide. I'm not sure that a line-up of Cato/Hamilton, Thomas/Rogers/Massenberg, Anderson/Bullard/Williams, Mobley/Drew, Francis/Mobley/Drew willpounce anybody into the groun for a while.
    I've said it a thousand times: you don't throw a team together and expect them to whip ass league wide in a snap or even a season. We need to figure out our line-up bt tinkering with it for a few games to see which combinations work, when, and against what kinds of teams. I know that watching a talented team lose is hard, but geez man, don't you think that you are asking a lot right now?
    I am in your camp so far as you advocate the running game. But the players look sketchy at times when they run the floor. Give them some time. Barkley's absence was huge when you consider that we know have a big decision to make at PF because Cato right now can't split minutes like he did when Barkley and Olajuwan were in.
    Real quick: who's your line-up without Dream and Charles? I just want to know primarily who your forard picks are; center and point guard are obvious positions. Shandon is more of a two (IMO) than a three, and the PF position has yet to be taken by any of the reserves yet (but I like Kenny Thomas, even if he's as ugly as Sam Cassell).
    Till we chat again...

Pass 1st, shoot 2nd

p.s. Before you give
    Doc Rivers coach of
    the year, give Rudy
    a chance to let this
    running team come together.

Pass 1st, shoot 2nd.

[This message has been edited by Pass 1st, shoot 2nd (edited December 10, 1999).]

5. theWIGMAN

theWIGMAN Member

Caveman, does the fact that Orlando plays in the weaker Eastern Conference make any difference at all to you? Or are you setting us up for another run of FIRE-THE-COACH posts if/when the Rockets' record doesn't come close to matching Orlando's?

Just wanted to give you something to think about before you find out that your Rockets vs Orlando argument won't hold water ... different conferences and different levels of competition.

[This message has been edited by theWIGMAN (edited December 10, 1999).]

6. Caveman

Caveman Member

I don't really worry about the running game. I am talking about the half court offense. That is where the coaching has to come in. No team can run 48 mins a game. What Rudy needs to do is to play a high post offense from this point on. DON'T just let Francis and "CAT" play one-on-one isolations. That way they will definitely loose alot games. They need to have a lot different picks and moving without ball. Lets see what Rudy is made of. Right now, my gun is still in the safe.

7. Dennis2112

Dennis2112 Contributing Member

Rudy is made of sterner stuff than Doc Rivers ever had. Doc could not hold Rudy's jockstrap. Doc took over an established team that really kicked butt in the preseason then came crashing down to earth.
    If you want to compare the teams than take into account the Magic if they lost their 2 best players and played in a real basketball conference.

------------------
    Houston Rockets Forever!!
    In Rudy We Trust