1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

49ers acquire Colt McCoy

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Apr 1, 2013.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>The Browns have dealt QB Colt McCoy to the 49ers. Another QB on the move</p>&mdash; Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) <a href="https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/318822839748800513">April 1, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I'm guessing that the Carson Palmer domino was what these teams were waiting for in terms of dealing for guys like Kolb, Flynn, and McCoy.

3. Anxiety Trooper

I like the fit. If Kaper goes down you need a guy that can run similar sets that are already in place. McCoy has not had the success that kaper has experienced but his style of play has similarities.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

My fault. :p

Lock if you want.

6. cardpire

cardpire Member

hate to be one of those guys who says "why didn't the texans make this move?", but i wish they did. he's a ton better than yates, and his stint playing with an awful browns team shows nothing about his possible worth, imo.

well worth a flier. i love how the 9ers are running things.

7. Anxiety Trooper

I agree. But I already except the way the texans are handling the offense so I don't get disappointed with them.

8. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

Don't listen to him, bro. Clutch himself has said that he wishes you would create more threads sometimes. Every now and then you find some news and bump an old thread or something similar to it, and it gets lost like that.

9. Anxiety Trooper

Agree. I enjoy news threads. Easy to navigate thru info

10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

McCoy is a lot better than people think.

11. Anxiety Trooper

He is the classic case of letting a QB sit the first few years. A guy like colt should have learned from the bench during his first few seasons instead of being thrown to the wolfs alongside a bad organization and below average talent. Failure was a given. He is in a great fit to get his career back on track. Working with a QB coach like Haurgbaugh will do good for colt.

12. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

Just glad he is out of Ohio. Not really sure he can be a starter in the NFL but this is a really good backup role if he can win it.

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

He's not. Jevean Sneed has more NFL blood running in his veins than McCoy does.

14. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Except one has a job in the NFL while the other one doesn't.

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

It happens. There are better QB's playing outside of the NFL than Tavaris Jackson. Warren Moon didn't always have a job in the NFL. Kurt Warner didn't always have a job in the NFL.

GM's and coaches put quarterbacks on pedestals they don't necessarily deserve to be on. "Oh hey bro, let's draft Jamarcus Russell #1 because he looks like a tackle, sweet!"

Colt deserves to be in the NFL but he isn't anything special and never will be. [IMO - sheesh, wussy UT fans and Baylor lawyers always crying]

1 person likes this.
  16. Hak34

Hak34 Member

Amazing that Ziggy finds a thread so "not worthy" of thread status, yet can't help himself from posting several opinions in it.

Hmmmmm

17. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

It's amazing he can post in between the golden showers he gets from random collies he dognaps.

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/B0rEfQIFBjE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>