1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nick Wright: "The Rockets are… The single best offense in the history of the league"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swyyyguy, Dec 14, 2017.

1. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

https://www.foxsports.com/watch/first-things-first/video/1116442691971

Reflecting on Houston's win over the Charlotte Hornets, Nick Wright explains to Cris Carter and Jenna Wolf why Houston deserves more recognition, revealing statistical proof that James Harden, Chris Paul and the Rockets' squad are combining to create the single best offense in the history of the NBA.

NICK WRIGHT: We have been conditioned over the last few years, and understandably so, to believe two teams can win the title. The team LeBron plays for, or the Golden State Warriors.

CRIS CARTER: Yeah.

NICK WRIGHT: Like that's-- and there have been reason for that.

CRIS CARTER: Yeah, three years in a row.

NICK WRIGHT: Three years in a row. It's the first time in NBA history the same two teams played each other three years consecutively in the finals. And so we've overlooked the fact that just a few years ago, without another all-star playing more than half the season, James Harden led the Rockets to the 2-seed and 56 wins in the Western Conference finals.

That the Rockets had of every team in the league, I believe, the biggest off-season acquisition. As far as, you say the Celtics, but the Celtics had to give up a player in Isaiah Thomas.

CRIS CARTER: Um-hum.

NICK WRIGHT: Rockets got Chris Paul, I know it was a trade, but they didn't have to trade another superstar. And the Rockets are quietly right about the best offense in the history of the NBA. I am going to say that again. Prior to last night's game, last night's game dinged them a couple tenths of a point.

Going into the last night's game, according to basketball reference, they had the single best offense in the history of the league. Now another team on that list for best offenses in the history of the league is this year's Warriors, and last year's Warriors. And so we're always going to focus on the Warriors.

But the Rockets right now have elite point guard play for 48 minutes a night. And two of the best eight players in the league on one team. Only the Warriors can say that as well, two of the best eight players.

So yeah, the Rockets are legitimate contenders. And we don't talk about them because they're in Houston, and because Harden has had some bad playoff moments as had CP3. I think that's why they don't-- people don't want to take them seriously yet CC.

2. s3ts

s3ts Member

media recognizing media's failure.

works for me.

3. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Nick Wright's always wrong though...

CometsWin, BigShasta and J Sizzle like this.
  4. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

Everyone is just trying to be one of the first doubters to be like I was right all along(20 games in).

Let them just continue to hoop and carve up the league.

DonKnock likes this.
  5. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

Respect the BeardedCP3!

DonKnock likes this.
  6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

media conspiracy

Emtenndo, DonKnock and Sidarma like this.
  7. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

What did he say before the season tho

Emtenndo, Nook and DonKnock like this.
  8. plee

plee Member

He was in Houston for awhile so I'm sure he'll get the "jedi" mind wipe now and forget any Rockets love...

BigShasta likes this.
  9. SkillzThatKillz

Everyone is hopping on.

[​IMG]

s3ts likes this.
  10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Crap, we cursed now.

11. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

nah

12. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

This mofo looks like that soft serve ice cream you get and don't eat it fast enough so it starts to melt down the cone.

13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

14. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

He looks like...wet paint drippin

Nook likes this.
  15. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

This is actually pretty huge coming from Nick Wright who is the biggest Bronsexual in the media world. And I would know. I'm the second biggest Bronsexual.

adw, daywalker02 and swyyyguy like this.
  16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

how about the best TEAM?

swyyyguy likes this.
  17. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

until we go 74-8 and win the 'ship, nah

18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Because the article was too sh***y to provide the actual stats or links, in case people want to keep up as the season progresses:
    The 16/17 Warriors hold the record with a 116.26 ORtg.

I unfortunately don't know what our rating was prior to yesterday's game, but we are back to a 115.80 ORtg this season, GSW are now ahead of us with a 116.23 ORtg, just shy of their prior record.
    https://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2018_ratings.html

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am a Bronenthuasist, never a Bronsexual....

20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

its when youre so great you dont even care...our garbage brigade is ruining this record for us