1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nick Wright: Rockets Absolutely Choked Out Utah Defensively!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shaq2Yao, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

PJ definitely needs to be on all D team.

3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Nick Wright is too pro-Houston.

I mean it's nice that it helps even out all the anti-stuff.

But I'm a let's say things that make sense type guy - don't be pro or anti, just evidence based.

PJ Tucker for DPOY is ridiculous, lol. Capela is our best defender, and the stats bear this out. Look at how many shots he defends at the rim, and his defensive % on those, and how many shots he also defends on the perimeter, with a decent % there also. Plus the rebounds, and blocks

PJ Tucker is VERY IMPORTANT for the Rockets defensive versatility. And his hustle is unquestioned. But if any voter actually gives PF Tucker a DPOY vote they crazy.

4. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

I don't know if PJ was in conversations for DPOY award but definitely for All-Team defense. I think Nick slipped up and couldn't take it back due to Jackson's quick "common man". Not a good look for pro-Rockets media stans.

D-rock likes this.
  5. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

I'm glad Wright's wife have made him a Pro-Houston voice.

6. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Yea, I don’t think the FO feels that way. The way they speak about him leads me to think they view him as a cornerstone defensive piece.

7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Eric Gordon is a very underrrated defender. Doesnt get any credit at all, he kept Mitchell at bay

D-rock, juanm34, Will and 1 other person like this.
  8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

The FO has to think about roster balance relative to salary cap and luxury tax.

If they had their choice of endless players with no cap implications, and defense was the only thing to maximize, they wouldn't choose Tucker first at PF if they had the first pick, and they wouldn't choose Tucker over Capela if they had to choose between the two.

The point is that Tucker is not a DPOY of candidate, even if he is very good and VERY important to this teams defense.

9. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

I love my wife, and I love guacamole. But PJ Tucker is a close third.