1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL Wildcard Round

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by moestavern19, Apr 12, 2002.

1. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Jets 20 Raiders 13

Vikings 28 Saints 25

Titans 28 Browns 21

Cowboys 31 Bucs 21

DVs reign has ended, there will be a new Super Bowl Champion this year.

Divisional Playoffs

Jets (11-6) At Colts (15-1)

Cowboys (8-9) at Packers (12-4)

Titans (13-4) at Broncos (11-5)

Vikings (12-5) at 49ers (12-4)

Congrats to bovie, sf3, kidrock, cat, psj, manny, sammy, and nomar.

Matchup Breakdown

Jets (11-6) At Colts (15-1)

I look for the Colts 3rd ranked Running attack led by Edgerrin James and Dominic Rhodes to get on track early, But keep in mind the Jets have the #1 defense in the NFL. I look for the deciding factor to be the Jets horrible offense (30th) to be pulverized by the highly improved Colts Defense (3rd).

Prediction - Colts 30 Jets 21

Cowboys (8-9) at Packers (12-4)

The Cowboys Miracle season continues, after being 4-8 at one point in the season the Cowboys thanks to the horrid NFC Least clinched the division. Honestly no one knows how the Cowboys with there Dead Last ranked offense and 30 ranked defense got this far. Rookie 1000 yard rusher Terrance Franks will have to have a huge day. Unfortunetly for him The Packers have the #1 ranked rushing Defense in the NFL. Plus a 3rd ranked Rushing offense fueled by Ahman Green (1369 yards, 17 TD) and Dorsey Levens (749 yards, 3 TD).

Prediction - Packers 39 Cowboys 19

Titans (13-4) at Broncos (11-5)

This appears to be the best Match-up so far, as the Broncos with a good balanced offense and defense go up against The Powerhouse Tennessee Titans, Although the Titans will have to make up for the loss of Derrick Mason. Eddie George powers the Titans 2nd ranked Rushing attack with Chys Chukwama and Najeh Davenport very capable backups. The Broncos like to mix it up with Pro Bowl RB Terrell Davis and a Passsing attack powered by Pro Bowl QB Brad Johnson. Olandis Gary remains a Question Mark for the game.

Prediction - Titans 27 Broncos 24

Vikings (12-5) at 49ers (12-4)

And now The Game everyone has been talking about, Especially Randy Moss, who was quoted earlier saying

"The 49ers are just a softy team in a (expletive) division, Im gonna light them up like a Christmas Tree, Dawg."

NFL Sack Leader Brian Urlacher fired back saying " If Moss wants to come into my house and talk (expletive), He damn well better back it up, Because I will put him on his (expletive) ass." Niners GM Nomar was seen shedding a tear of joy at Urlacher's comments.

The 49ers are the NFL's most complete team, with a 2nd ranked Offense and a 2nd ranked Defense. 2nd year Man David Carr threw for 3892 yards 34 TDs with only 5 INTs. Mike Anderson rushed for 1500 yards and 12 TDs. Meanwhile, The Vikes boast the 3rd ranked Offense, With Daunte Culpepper throwing for 4249 yards, 34 TDs, 8 INTs, and rushing for 647 yards and 9 TDs.
    On The Defensive side, The 49ers hold the edge with 99 rated Brian Urlacher and Champ Bailey. The Vikings are ranked a measly 25th, but 3rd against the run.

Prediction - 49ers 38 Vikings 36

#1 moestavern19, Apr 12, 2002
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2002
  2. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Revenge is a dish best served up in the division series of the NFL playoffs. 9ers are going down. Nomar, your defense can't contain the MVP and the best wideout pair of all time. Merry christmas, dawg!

3. Nomar

Nomar Member

Sammy- Your Vikes overrated offense is going to crumble against my Titanium Curtain defense. Moss and Gaffney, say hello to Bailey and Plummer. Culpepper, say hello to the ground which is where you will be spending a lot of time due to my man Brian 'Beast' Urlacher.

Your pathetic defense will not be able to stop Carr, Anderson, and my receivers.

GO NINERS!

4. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

:D

5. PhiSlammaJamma

The Titans play their best football on the road, in the snow, and against a team that no longer has Elway.