1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL Week 5 Thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Rockets34Legend, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

NFL Week 4 Thread

The resurgence of Brett Favre and L. Coles. 6 FREAKING TDs - 3 caught by COLES?

The resurgence of Larry Johnson - 28 for 198 yards and 2 TDs? Forget Huard.....pound it with LJ. He was a good late pick for me..... :)

Oh, with our crappy defense ruining the game (PLEASE FIRE RICHARD SMITH! :mad: ), Schaub proved he can still start - 331 yards with 3 TDs.

#1 Rockets34Legend, Sep 28, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2008
  2. rodrick_98

rodrick_98 Contributing Member

i have both coles and farve on my fantasy team.... i played coles but benched farve in favor of romo.

we'll see how it plays out.

3. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Contributing Member

It's week 4.

4. Rockets34Legend

Crap, you're right. I tried to change it, but it was too late.

Admins, can the title be changed to Week 4?

#4 Rockets34Legend, Sep 28, 2008
  5. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Apparently my starting line up hates scoring TD's......

Gore: 0 TD's
    Selvin Young: 0 TD's
    Housmanzadeh: 0 TD's
    Imma Soldier Winslow: 0 TD's

The scary part is I considered starting Bryant Johnson over Jerricho Cotchery for a second too.

6. TexasFight

TexasFight Member

NYC radio is reporting that Boldin broke his neck on that gruesome head-to-head collision with a NYJ defender at the end of the game...

No link so for now I would consider this to be simply radio talk speculation...

7. Rockets34Legend

I heard on the Cowgirls/Redskins Halftime Report that Boldin was ok. In fact, they said he was trying to get off the stretcher, but the doctors said no.

8. TexasFight

TexasFight Member

Well that is excellent news!

9. baller4life315

They were saying he has movement in all of his extremities and actually wanted to get up off of the stretcher but the doctors wouldn't let him.

Not saying that's definitive proof of anything but if he's able to walk and what not i'm sure it can't be that bad, right?

#9 baller4life315, Sep 28, 2008
  10. Rockets34Legend

It's also here....

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/6024915.html

11. RedRaiderRocket

I think I am a fantasy jinx. First lost Tom Brady for the season in week 1. Then this week I traded for Aaron Rodgers, only to have him possibly separate his shoulder. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3614749

I also have Boldin as one of my receivers. Next week Larry Johnson will probably break a leg...

12. Rockets34Legend

Did the same thing. I have to wait til' Tuesday to see if I escaped with a win.

13. Asian Sensation

I will lose today for the first time thanks to the Raiders not being able to stop LT on a running play with less than 2 mins to go down 3. :mad:

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The Eagles were clearly the better team and blew the Bears game. They should have had 4 touchdowns (28 points) instead of just 20 and Andy Reid's play calling at the goal line when they didn't make it was atrocious. E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES! fans will rip him tonight and all next week about this game. Deservedly so.

Before anyone says it, I know not having Westbrook hurt.

Asian Sensation, the Raiders completely collapsed. Up 15-3 late in the 3rd quarter in Chargers territory after the interception. They could have put the game away. But after the fluke interception giving the ball back to the Chargers it seemed like some of the Raiders quit.

15. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

How do you run 3 times versus the bears defense, (especially the 3rd and 4th down in the middle) they had no imagination, running those plays.

The bears defense won the game (like always).

16. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Favre!!!!!!

I don't have him on my team. :(

17. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

GOSH DAMN IT!!!!! YOU SAW IT, I SAW IT, THE COMMENTATORS SAW, HELL EVERYBODY SAW IT EXCEPT THE ONE PERSON MAKING THE DECISION!!!!!!!!!! PUT THE DAMN BALL IN MCNABB'S HANDS!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Westbrook being gone didn't help and what also hurt was DeSean Jackson's muffed punt return and the after effects. He set the Bears up with another TD right there and then afterwards it was like he was scared to touch the ball until late in the 4th quarter. I mean there was that one punt he just let take a 10 yard bounce and land at the Eagles' 5 yard line. :mad:

Should have been a W but it's not so let's move on to next week and a tough division matchup between Philly and Washington. I think this is a must win for the Eagles, yes even this early in the season.

18. baller4life315

Lil Pun,

I can only imagine what was going through your head on that goal line series. Probably something much more clever than Andy Reid's straight up the middle plan whenever the Bears were stacking nine in the box.

For real though, is McNabb afraid to run now? He never runs anymore. How deadly could a bootleg or roll out have been whenever the Bears were simply jailhousing it straight up the middle? That or hell, throw a quick swing pass to the FB or Buckhalter or something. Very shaky play calling considering you knew what the defense was throwing at you.

Oh well, time for my Steelers to get a bit of a test tonight without our RB now. To their credit the Ravens are undefeated and their defense is still pretty nasty. Expect this to be an ugly, physical game. An ugly, physical game that the Steelers win. :)