1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL Scheduling

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by jerinrulz, Jan 24, 2017.

1. jerinrulz

jerinrulz Contributing Member

I took a stab at reworking the NFL Schedule to improve the quality of Thursday Night Football and eliminate games with short rest. Never heard back from the NFLPA when I sent it to them, so I wrote an article to close it out.

Anyways, just thought I'd share here- hope y'all enjoy!

http://chasingoptimal.com/index.php/2017/01/22/improving-the-nfl-scheduling-format/

PS: There's a spoiler section for the TLDR folks

ipaman likes this.
  2. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

nflpa ignored you because you ignored money in your proposal and they know the nfl will ignore them because of that. you did a hell of a job but its only half of the job. scheduling done but what does it cost or how much money can nfl make? now watch some consulting firm will re-submit your proposal with financial data included and get paid millions of dollars for their study and proposal.

3. jerinrulz

jerinrulz Contributing Member

I appreciate the read and the feedback. In my view, the whole premise of the 'proposal' is that you are restructuring byes at a cost of $0 actually- its the same 1 game per team in a 17 week season. The only negative cost impact would be the loss of primetime games for the Thursdays that were removed. Those were mitigated with Saturday games after college football is done (3 weeks of double/triple headers), and can be further supplemented with Saturday games during the Opening Weekend and/or Thanksgiving.