1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Feb 4, 2015.

1. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

LOL

Pen15clubber and J.R. like this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Raiders sign TE Jared Cook.

3. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Cowboys lost Carr. Not sure how big a loss that is because he never lived up to the hype. Granted, he did have a decent season last season but, for the most part, his Cowboys career was forgettable and he made a ton of money on a contract he never played up to.

Cowboys about to lose Claiborne. Again, discounting last season, this was the most overhyped worthless first round pick who never lived up to his billing. And, he always seemed to be injured...which hindered his development from the start of his career to this point. He had a decent season last season but an injury got in the way again. I wouldn't pay him $5 million based on what he did in Dallas and how often he was sidelined instead of in games.

I can't say I'm sorry to see either go. I just hope the guys replacing them do better. And, the ladder to climb is not that high to do better.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

5. Major

Major Member

I wonder how that compares to previous years or the overall league in general. I wouldn't be surprised if that's not unusual. I'd bet at least 30-40 players on an average 50ish man roster don't have any real long-term guarantees in their deals.

6. RocketWalta

RocketWalta Member

When I saw how the secondary was getting gutted I panicked but you're right. Mo will get hurt again wherever he went and Brown played well enough last season to shore that position up. The new FA Carrol seems OK too. Losing Church will hurt though.

Gonna have to rely on that Marinelli magic again next season. That defense was gutted and I'm not sure these new guys are enough to bend w/o breaking.

7. Fantasma Negro

I bet Pats sign him to a 2yr economical deal and he produces pretty close to the level he did last year...lol

8. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:eek: TONY ROMO retires. Drops mic on foot, out from broadcasting entire season. More details later. :cool:

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

If the Browns pick anyone other than Myles Garrett at #1 they deserve to be the doormat for another 2 seasons.
    Trubisky is not a #1 pick talent.

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I definitely assumed they finally learned their lesson. They have the means to acquire a QB some other way than via the draft where they always get burned... but it's in their DNA to screw it up.

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I'm sure if Trubisky is their guy, it will be a trade down situation. Trubisky isn't even top 10 material IMO.

Maybe not even 1st round.

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Home-Away-Throwback-Color Rush
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

What's with using these jabronis to model the unis. If you have his rights you use Megatron and no one else to showcase uniforms.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

17. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

18. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

NFL retires from Jay Cutler, more like.

plutoblue11 likes this.
  20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Owners passed resolution to allow two players to come off IR in-season, which was the expectation. Current rule allows one.

NFL has passed a rule change moving overtime from 15 minutes to 10 minutes.

Owners passed a resolution eliminating the 75-man cutdown. So now, there'll be just one cutdown day -- 90 to 53.

Owners pass resolution loosening standard on GM interviews. Now job won't require final say over 53 to compel teams to let candidates interview. (Basically, idea here is that a candidate for a GM job can't be blocked from pursuing that job just because it does have final say over the 53.)

Roger Goodell is expected to tell NFL owners group celebrations, using ball as prop after TDs, going to ground, snow angels are now allowed. Prolonged acts, miming weapons, offensive gestures, sexually suggestive stuff still expected to be banned. That includes twerking.