1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL October-Pink merchandise sales

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ferrari77, Oct 18, 2013.

1. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Found this report interesting

http://tracking.si.com/2013/10/16/pink-nfl-merchandise-breast-cancer-research/

I guess it shouldn't be a surprise that the most profitable league in the States, one that is also considered tax exempt, would be all about keeping its fair share of profits from the October pink merchandise sales huh.

For those interested in reading more about the NFL and its tax exempt status
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9...xempt-status-challenged-us-senator-tom-coburn

2. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Are the individual franchises tax exempt? Does the American Cancer Society have a copyright on the color pink? Is 11% of the revenues from merchandising for the most popular sports league in the richest country in the world not enough?

3. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I always felt it was more about selling "pink" gear more than anything. I mean seriously, wouldn't a simple pink ribbon send the same message? Just seeing Tom Coughlin in a Pink Giants hat does not seem right lol

4. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

Ummm, am I the only one that thinks 1.25% profit on an item isn't that outrageous?

5. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

If you want to help the charity, donate directly.

If you want to be a w**** and a slut, wear that ****. I don't wear that pink **** so people can give me fives and say how awesome I am for wearing pink.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Just don't donate to the Susan B Komen foundation. Worst foundation ever.