1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Next four games

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jayfree, Mar 13, 2017.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

You believe in Karma but not Jinxes? That's a quintessential whackjob statement. I thought you were leaving the planet.

2. jayfree

jayfree Member

Sounds good to me... The 233 likes in 2100 post speaks for itself on who cares about you. I'll take rooting for my team and making friends over alone and miserable. :)

3. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

If you don't see how jinxes and karma are dissimilar ideas, then we're at an impasse. But I already knew that. Because you're a ****ing whackjob. Good day, sir.

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

No, I don't see how they are dissimilar. Please school me how they are dissimilar. I want to learn.

Correct me if I'm wrong: if you do something bad to someone, and then something bad happens to you as a result, that's Karma. You cursed yourself for being an *******. you jinxed yourself.

a Jinx is just as superstitious..

when you leaving the planet?

#44 DreamShook, Mar 18, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
  5. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Karma is about retribution. Jinxes are about random bull****. You are about insanity. Aka the latter.

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

The only insane thing here is you kind of believe in one non-existent thing and vehemently rail against another non-existent thing that are equally superstitious in nature and both based on cause and effect.

When is your flight off the planet?

7. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

I believe that being a bad person will result in bad things happening to you. That is not remotely the same thing as believing that wearing a jersey during a Rockets game on a Tuesday is going to lead to a loss.

But I'm at least glad you are willing to admit that jinxes are non-existent. I'm not really sure what we're arguing about in that case, unless you want me to convince you karma exists, but I have no interest in doing that.

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Effect = Something bad will happen to you

JINX
    Cause = Predicting a win streak
    Effect = Your team won't win

It's the same thing you doofus! Both things to be avoided. Both things attribute to attracting bad luck!

and by the way

NONE OF THIS IS REAL!!!

Silly superstitions is what comes with being a fan.. none of this even matters. I can't believe I've devoted so many posts to this garbage.

9. jayfree

jayfree Member

There is no such thing as karma or jinxes. They only exist in the mind of those who will it to happen because they look for it.

If you do something wrong and feel you will have something bad happen because of it, it's because you focused on the negative. It's like if you are having a bad morning, then anything that goes wrong you focus on (forgetting everything else). It's all in the mind. Karma is a made up word so people can control others who occasionally do thing wrong in hopes of making them feel guilty for it.

So if you excuse me, I'm going to go outside and wait for my lightning bolt now :)

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Please convince me that Karma exists.
    [​IMG]

My apologies to @jayfree I hijacked the thread on some ol' bull sh*&t.

jayfree likes this.
  11. jayfree

jayfree Member

No worries :)

#51 jayfree, Mar 19, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  12. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

As long as we're in agreement that the idea of "jinxes" is BS, then we're good. I'm fine with you not believing in karma. I've yet to fully establish even for myself what I believe to be true/not true with regards to karma. But what I DO know is that predicting a win has absolutely no measurable effect on whether that win actually happens. So you may carry on with my blessing. Guess you're not as crazy as I thought.

Karma isn't necessarily about the supernatural. It's about "what goes around comes around". It's like how people who act like arrogant assholes do so because they're actually insecure. Generally being a dick means that bad things will happen to you. It's not necessarily because some supernatural force is watching you and penalizing you, it's just because that's the natural order of the universe. If you don't believe that's true, then you don't believe in karma. But it is not remotely the same thing as believing in superstition (although some people do believe in a spiritual component of it, and I'm not sure how I feel about that, personally.)

... But we digress.

Jinxes are stupid. As is anyone who believes in them. And the Rockets' play for these "next four games" so far is pretty solid proof of that.

#52 SuperMarioBro, Mar 19, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
    jayfree likes this.
  13. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

We gon thrash Denver next game.

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Who's We!?

[​IMG]

15. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

when do you go on vacation again? don't let the door hit you on the way out...

SuperMarioBro likes this.
  16. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Ok.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Next 4 games gonna be awesome!

jayfree likes this.
  18. jayfree

jayfree Member

235 likes (looks like you just got 2 more).... you are getting up there my friend.

19. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Is it just me or did @DreamShook just admit that he doesn't believe in jinxes?

Os Trigonum and DreamShook like this.
  20. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

U still here? What is it with you and "likes" , attention w**** ?