1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Next 4 games after Cavs will make or break the season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fchowd0311, Mar 22, 2013.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Easily the hardest stretch left playing 4 really good to elite level teams.
    vs Spurs L
    vs Pacers W
    vs Grizzles W
    vs Clippers L

2-2 and then its smooth sailing towards the playoffs.

2. trowa2

trowa2 Member

why do u think we will lose the the clippers??? we will beat them!

3. fchowd0311

Just being realistic as possible. For all we know they can go 4-0 but Memphis and Indiana games seem more winnable in my eyes.

4. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

We are definitely not beating the Pacers. They are like the anti-rocket. Everything they do is a counter against us.

5. meh

meh Contributing Member

Make or break what? 6th seed? Playoffs?

Playoffs we're more or less set. We have 8 games against teams below us and 6 games against those above us. I would put us at 100% chance to enter the playoffs if we go 7-7. We likely can get in with 6-8 record.

But yes, if we want the 6th seed over GSW, then going at least 3-2 the next 5 games is probably necessary.

6. fchowd0311

Until we have mathematically cliched a spot its never a sure thing... hence last season.

7. Blaster_333

Blaster_333 Member

Pfft...The way this team plays sub .500 teams I'd say every single game from here on out is a 50% or less chance of winning.

Hopefully they play every single game here on out like it's an elimination game, that will be good prep for the playoffs.

8. iLookOK

iLookOK Member

I agree. Until I log onto NBA.com, click on standings, and see an x next to Houston Rockets, I will not be canceling my booty call plans for 4-20.

9. meh

meh Contributing Member

Yes. But it's a 14 game rest of the season. Not 4.

10. Shawndme7

Shawndme7 Contributing Member

Best thing about it to me is we get to see 3 possible teams we could see in the 1st rd of the playoffs. The way spurs and okc are playing it looks like spurs will be 1 and I doubt we drop to 8 but still possible.

11. LAC

LAC Member

Spurs is not so good without Parker. Assuming we start out strong and the game is not too close at the end, stealing one from the Spurs is not that impossible.

Pacers is a bad road team so it's very doable.

We wiped floor with Memphis last time so we might need to be cautious with them.

The Clippers game right after Memphis is a sure loss. We can't even beat two mediocre teams on back-to-back. Even if we blew the Grizz off the floor late in the third, there is no way we have enough gas in tank to take on the Clippers.

12. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Wish we could get the Clippers when it isnt a back to back.

13. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

You are catching the Pacers re-match at a very good time, they are in their biggest slump since the first weeks of the season. David West is banged, Granger got re-injured and I think the whole thing is having a mental impact as well, defensive intensity isn't quite there.

14. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

*banged up, as in, nursing some injuries

15. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

The Jazz are in free fall mode, we are not missing the playoffs. I'd love to avoid SA/OKC, but I'm not too concerned with falling out of the 8th spot.

16. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Wish we could get the freaking Nuggets when it isn't a back to back IN DENVER. Ugh, might as well just sit Harden, Lin and Asik for that game.

17. peter2012

peter2012 Member

Clippers has 4 games in 5 nights and Rockets is the last one, so we might have a chance. But Rockets always is a bad team on back-to-back game.

18. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

If Rockets beat Cavs, they could most likely go 0-4 in those games, still be the 8 seed, and have an easy schedule. Not make or break.

19. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Oh and it's 4th game in 6 days for Indiana, all of them vs. playoff teams. Yep, i could easily see them losing that game. In fact, with David West out for at least the first two of those games, i wouldn't be surprised if Indiana goes 0-4 and ends up at 5th seed after that stretch. It's going to be ugly.

20. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Actually, 5 games in 7 days. The 5th game is in Dallas ona back to back right after the Houston one. This week is going to be REALLY ugly for Indiana.