1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Newsweek] Election Rigged Against Bernie Sanders? DNC Lawsuit Demands Repayment for Campaign Donors

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

class action lawsuit filed on behalf of Bernie Sanders donors

http://www.newsweek.com/bernie-sand...ton-dnc-lawsuit-donald-trump-president-609582

Was the Election Rigged Against Bernie Sanders? DNC Lawsuit Demands Repayment for Campaign Donors
    By Chris Riotta On 5/15/17 at 11:30 PM

A class action lawsuit alleging the Democratic National Committee worked in conjunction with Hillary Clinton's 2016 campaign to keep Bernie Sanders out of the White House has been raging on in the courtrooms for months on end–and yet, most people have no idea of its existence, in large part thanks to the mainstream media's total lack of coverage.​

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Is the DNC, under law, required to keep a hands off approach on who they nominate as their candidate? For the "Democratic" party to disregard the will of the people and effectively choose their own candidate has a ring of irony to it, and I tend to agree it is contemptible, but I'm not sure they broke any laws in doing so. Am I wrong?

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

If you think the RNC wasn't doing the exact same thing to keep Trump from getting the nomination you are a complete idiot. You have Paul Ryan on record saying that they are essentially pulling support for Trump and won't discourage anyone if they need to pull support from Trump themselves.

I'm actually surprised Trump fans haven't pulled together and sued the RNC for trying to keep the nomination from Trump if this is some law that I've never heard of.

These are probably the same Bernie Bros that voted for Trump when he lost the nomination. How does Bernie actually feel about this lawsuit?

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Maybe this lawsuit will change the party to be a little more open. Doubtful but I don't think this news is damaging at all.

5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

You don't need to have broken the law to cause damages to someone and to lose a lawsuit as a result.

6. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

OP losing whatever positive cache he earned in GARM by spam posting garbage threads in the D&D.

SAD