1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I dont know if this is true or not, but according to a friend of mine 950 was saying something like this: There is going to be money left over from the football stadium. Apparently they dedicated more then McNair needs. So they (sports authority) are trying to confince Mcnair to put in another 25-50 million in building his stadium. That way they take the 25-50 million of access money plus whatever if any of the extra money McNair would be willing to offer. I dont know why McNair would do this.

On to another topic - 950 was saying that by the end of the month if Rockets are not showing some improvement expect some personnel changes. Personally I think we are one player away from contending for the championshinp (Mobley, and Mack for finley or Rider?)Man but would I love to have Finley!!! Dream, charles, finley, shandon, and steve. We can beat the @$#% out of Portlad. Umm....maybe I'm getting ahead of myself. Anyways is it just me or that Postolos dude and his partner on 610 (3-7pm) SUCK. Whenever the damn Astros lost they made excuses for them, but when the rocks lose they laugh about it. God I hate em!

Can someone also tell me whats this thing about our draft pick next year. I fail to understand how we can have a high draft pick.

2. napster

napster Member

I have a question....why do a lot of people mention Mack? Do the Rockets STILL have early bird rights on him or something? Wouldn't the fact that he is not signed and that the other team can pretty much just sign him by themselves decrease his value?

------------------

3. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

I don't know about the bird right's,but it's hard to belive that someone with as much talent as Mack is not with a team when there's guy's like Drew with job's.

4. davo

davo Contributing Member

Napster,

The rockets do still have bird rights over Mack (not sure if its early bird or just regular bird) - we keep them until he signs as a free agent with another team.

If this were to happen, Mack would have to sign for either
    a) A teams salary cap space (not many teams have any)
    b) The million dollar exception (most teams are reluctant to use this as they can only do it once every 2 years)
    c) The Mid Level exception (similar to (b) but can be used every year and for more money)
    d) Sign for the minimum

Hence, for Mack to sign with another team as a free agent is bad for him - not only would it be difficult, but he would most likely have to take a short contract for less money, and he loses Bird rights, which costs him the chance of getting more money.

One away around this is to do a sign and trade with the Rockets - Mack would be able to maintain his bird status and hence probably get more money than the base exceptions allow, and a longer deal.

Problem is possibly that the rockets don't want to pay him bird money, and won't until they find a trade partner who will agree to Mack's terms. My feeling is that the rockets WILL sign Mack around or after the 60 day waiting period from the Pippen Trade (sometime around early Dec I think)and either keep him to fill gaps, or make him part of a multi-player trade.

Some guys on this BBS know/talk to Sam Mack, so they may correct me.

5. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Personally I think we are one player away from contending for the championshinp

The good news is that we're one player away from contending for the championship

The bad news is that the one player is Michael Jordan.

6. Bailey

Bailey Veteran Member

aelliot,

that's the kind of negative thinking that is too often on this BBS. We shouldn't replace our young, athletic starter at SG with old past-it players, like MJ. What are you thinking of, our average age has to be like 15, and then we get a 10 pt bonus at the start of every quarter (obscure league rule). [​IMG]

7. houstoncougars

houstoncougars New Member

is micheal jordan considering to c*m back from his retiermenT? i dont think he would play on the rockets and also maybe he is to old

8. Francis3

Francis3 Member

He is not going to come back. But if he did. I wouldnt be surprised if he came here. BUT HE WONT COME BACK. And besides he is not old. He will still have MVP numbers and be the greatest.

9. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Sigh. aelliot, rest assured some of us got and appreciated the joke.