1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New uniforms?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fadeaway, May 29, 2000.

1. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Does anyone know if the Rockets are going to have new uniforms next season? I read somewhere that they were considering a change of wardrobe.

------------------

2. Sky Pilot

Sky Pilot Member

I hope so. Maybe they will wait for new unis until we open up our new arena.

------------------

3. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

Why does everyone hate the Rockets pajamas, I love them.

------------------
    THE DEAN HAS WRITTEN

4. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

This was the story we ran back on February 4th:

<a href="http://www.clutchcity.net/news.cfm?NewsID=156">clutchcity.net: Uniform change in the works</a>

From what I'm told there hasn't been much going on there at the moment.... it was at that time very early in the discussion phase. Right now the Rockets are focused on trying to stay in Houston and if an arena can't come to play then find a new city... uniform change probably wouldn't make sense until that time.

If they stay in Houston (which I expect they will), I expect to see a change in the unis for 2001-2002.

------------------
    NOTHING BUT .NET
    CLUTCHCITY.NET

5. Sky Pilot

Sky Pilot Member

A lot of teams new unis coincide with the opening of a new arena (Astros are one), I would expect the same to happen with the Rockets.

------------------

6. RichRocket

RichRocket Member

Hallelujiah!!! A new dawn is here; the sun is up... get out of those ditzy PJs!

I would love to see the Rockets return to the Red and Gold of yester(championship)year. I can remember listening to Art Eckman describe how beautiful the Rocket Red and Desert Gold uniforms looked on my desktop radio as Houston abandoned the Green/Gold from San Diego.

I'd love to see Rudy T "muscle-lean" one more time and grab some scissors and take them to those UGLY uniforms.

------------------
    There are 3 kinds of people: those who can count and those who can't.

7. 3pointer

3pointer Member

If anyone from the Rockets organization reads this thread please and I mean Please let Les Alexander know that we the fans want and DEMAND a new uniform.... what you guys did was a dissaster as far as choosing new unis !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (of course do the arena deal first then... unis !) of all the friends I have none like those uniforms and none have ever bought a rockets uniform since the new ones came out... you guys are loosing major money with those unis.. I would be the first person in line to buy Francis's rox uni once we change those pj's they are wearing right now.

------------------
    It's all about marketing !

8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

The unis really do suck, but I dont expect Les to do anything until the "FANS" vote for a new arena deal for him. IF they dont pass the deal recently discussed, then Houston doesnt deserve a basketball team IMHO, but I think it would pass.

Anyway, has anyone else noticed the warmup shirt worn by Chris Porter in the Westside Workout Section. Man, that uniform/logo is actually pretty badass---someone at the organization must realize their unis suck.

------------------
    Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things!

9. Tdub

Tdub Member

I like the way The raptors have there uniforms going. If we do change it should be in the same style as the Raptors IMO.

------------------
    Roxs team of the furture.
    IM bACK!!!!

10. Sky Pilot

Sky Pilot Member

Yeah, I like the Raptors away unis. I want a solid color, no pinstripes and the word Houston arced across the front similar to Toronto's way uniform.

------------------

11. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Yeah, Toronto's uniforms are really nice. I'd want something like that, except in red with gold lettering. Maybe throw a bit of blue in there as well.

------------------

12. DaFranchise

DaFranchise Member

The only thing I don't like about the Raptors' unis is the different colors on the front and back. Pick one color for the whole jersey. Also, I liked the jersey that cc.net had back whenever they mentioned the new unis. The red looked pretty cool on Stevie.

------------------

13. Miggidy Markell

I agree with ma brutha DEAN........I love those jerseys.......they kick the old ones!!!!!!!!! If they are pj's I'd wear em to bed any day!

------------------
    (Signature deleted).

[This message has been edited by BrianKagy (edited June 02, 2000).]

14. fromobile

fromobile Contributing Member

red yellow

not red and gold ( like they tried to make it right before they changed it, because if it was gold you could put all those metalic twinkles on the emblem...BYELCH!!!!)
    not red, and blue, and white+pinstripes

red + yellow = repectable uniform
    Steve Francis should refuse to play until they bring the uniforms back.

------------------