1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New songs from old singers do you want to hear them?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by body slam, Feb 18, 2017.

1. body slam

body slam Member

If a singer that's been out of the spotlight for a few years comes out with a new song do you want to hear it?

Last year I heard a really good song on a radio station that plays Texas country music. It was by a singer that was big in the 90's and early 2000's. I asked a friend that's a dj at a bigger radio station if they were playing the song. He said no. I asked why? He said because no one wants to hear a new song from a old singer.

2. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

I have not had any interest in new material from 80s bands that I liked- U2,REM, Peter Gabriel. . Didn't follow them after about 1990 and have no interest in hearing any new stuff. Van Morrison is my favorite singer but I don't listen to anything after about 1992 or so. However, I did enjoy later recordings by Johnny Cash and prefer fat Elvis to skinny Elvis.

body slam likes this.
  3. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Was the singer Garth Brooks?

body slam likes this.
  4. Buck Turgidson

Who is the artist?

body slam likes this.
  5. body slam

body slam Member

Mark Chesnutt

6. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I will always listen to albums of my favorite bands (at least one time) even if they have been making terrible previous releases. For example, I'll still spin a Bloc Party record even though most of the music they make nowadays is not very good. But I owe them a listen for every new release due to the sheer greatness of their first album. There are many bands like that who peaked on their debut album.

body slam likes this.
  7. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Are you sure radio stations still play music? That is so 20th century.

8. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I think it depends on the singer. For example, if Right Said Fred were to come out with some new stuff in 2017, I think DJs would be all over it.

body slam likes this.
  9. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

_____[​IMG] _____

If Wolfgang came out of his grave with a new song, I'd probably want to listen...:cool:

10. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

If its good yeah but don't put out crap.

body slam likes this.
  11. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm always skeptical, but I always give it a shot. If it's good then I'll be happy.

body slam likes this.
  12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I always want to hear new music from bands I like. Sure it is fun to relive old songs and the nostalgia. But new music and the discovery is a lot of fun.

If you are only a "casual fan" then you probably only care about the nostalgia.

body slam likes this.
  13. Buck Turgidson

Neil Young and Willie and Robert Plant seem to still put out some good stuff. I heard some of the Stones new blues album recently and it was great.