1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New Radio Station 106.9

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Timing, Oct 21, 2000.

1. Timing

Timing Member

Anyone listened to this station yet? It's pretty strong if you're a fan of 80's music. I think they're playing like 10,000 straight songs from the 80's.

------------------
    "Somebody DO something out there." -Bill Walton

2. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

3. Timing

Timing Member

Oooooops! Looks like I was about a week late on that newsflash. Sorry bout that! [​IMG]

------------------
    "Somebody DO something out there." -Bill Walton

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Apparently 98.5 is changing their format as well from "party" music (whatever that means?) to more of a Mix type format. I saw a sign on I-10 today where they were advertising the transition.

------------------

5. oeilpere

oeilpere Member

Traditionally, new radio stations open their broadcast with a "free month" or similiar period. This basically means they have virtually no advertising for that period.
    This obviously is appealing to the listener but it also allows for the market to be established for potential advertisers.

If R&D has been done properly and organizations like the BBM (Bureau of Broadcast Measurement) give a favorable ranking to the station, this will support bankable advertising rates whenm the station goes on line, "realtime".

I do find their music repetitive after a couple of days of listening. But it is on a loop tape afterall. And, what station, remote taped or established local isn't obnoxiously repetitive?