1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New Job! Need some perspectives on meditation...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Dankstronaut, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

It's been a long time coming, I've been offered a real gig to produce audio. I can't even describe the journey or the dreams I have of one day supporting my family doing something I love. I'm just thankful for the small W's coming my way.

SO, I got offered a gig yesterday doing meditation guides. I can't advertise myself just yet (and I just started so I don't have anything to advertise duh) but any information you guys and girls can give me would be greatly appreciated. Please note which you are because it matters to me, I got the gig for a reason but I want to be accessible to everyone.

1- First off, how many of you meditate?
    2- If you do, how often and if you don't...what would draw you in to such a thing?
    3- If you do, with or without a guide? If you don't...would a guide interest you and what about it would catch your attention?
    4- The company said they want my perspective, my manly voice (lulz but really) and my simple, straight forward approach to draw in other manly, simple guys like myself. A perspective, a person they can easily relate to or identify with. Would a male guide bother you or inspire you and why or why not? What would make a difference?

Thanks in advance for any answers you can provide or any congratulations. I'm very excited to be doing this and I will sponge up any advice or help or perspective from a listener's standpoint you can provide.

My studio links:
    primalsoundblog.wordpress.com
    facebook.com/primalsoundstudio
    instagram.com/primalsoundstudio
    upwork.com/fl/primalsound

My music links:
    facebook.com/TreyPalmerMusic
    treypalmer.bandcamp.com
    twitter.com/treypalmermusic

2. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

3. Dankstronaut

Supporting Member

....okayyyy....

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  4. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I "meditate" under the covers after my gf Falls asleep. Also in the shower. And then sometimes at the office I'll walk out to the car, fire up some p-hub and have a nice "meditation" sesh

Killatron 2000 and FLASH21 like this.
  5. Daddy Long Legs

I meditated this morning. Youll never know if i chose A or B though

6. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Dankstronaut likes this.
  7. Daddy Long Legs

Look, lets be real alright.

I dont necessarily care what race you are (go figure) but unless you look like this dude, then you probably suck at meditating.

[​IMG]

8. Dankstronaut

Supporting Member

Thanks for giving a real response. I'll definitely check him out

9. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Member

I meditate maybe once or twice a week with a guide, trying to do it more often

I don't really think a male guide would make a difference, a calm soothing voice to me is more important, although I have meditated with a scruffy voice and didn't really notice until I thought about it right now. To me its more about what they say then the voice.

10. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I've meditated for nearly 10 years. It's probably one of the biggest reasons I was able to change my life around in my early 20's. I usually go to the forest close to where I live and sit under my bodhi tree. I follow Zen meditation, so my goal is to be devoid of any thoughts or mantras whilst meditating. Walking meditation is also quite fun and calming. A guide is probably more useful for those not familiar with how to meditate, but I'm sure I can learn a few tips from more experienced practitioners. A male or female guide makes no difference to me. Listen to a lot of the meditation experts online. They are usually all male. The one accent I can't stand is the British accent in all forms. So I would never listen to a guided meditation in that accent. I'm sure there is a market for unique guided meditation accents like Southern or Texan.

Are you familiar with the Headspace App?

https://www.headspace.com/headspace-meditation-app

11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I would assume a bunch of people here meditate, OP. It's the ideal tonic for people with hyperactive minds and / or sleep issues.

So...
    1. Yes
    2. At least 1/wk
    3. Without a guide.
    4. Irrelevant. I've had teachers of various voices and it seems a true understanding of what they're doing is the most important thing. The best one I encountered was a woman, but prob b/c she was the smartest one I've encountered.

All best luck for your new work!