1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New game(s) to buy for the new year 2019 (pc,ps4,xbox)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Blatz, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

@Uprising
    @seclusion
    @Svpernaut
    @DaDakota
    @ anyone, those were just a few names that I could think of that have talked about games before.

Does anyone know much about some of the new games about to come out. (XboxOne) I'm having trouble deciding what to get to go along with Red Dead 2. I always seem to pick a dud as my second game (Mass Effect Andromeda. :mad:) I've been leaning towards 1 of 3 titles:

The Division 2 - I recently played the first one and enjoy it. I liked the customization of your weapons and gear. The map was pretty cool but nothing like I was expecting from what i saw in the trailers. I don't even want to talk about my horrible experience in the "Dark Zone". I feel like I was lured down a street by a friendly stranger and violated.

Sekiro - Looks freaking cool though I'm not sure what type of game it is. I've never played Dark Souls.

Anthem - Well, it's EA and again not sure what type of game it will be. Is it just a straight up multiplayer and that's it. Kind of like Titan Fall and SW Battle Front where there basically is no campaign but they said there was. Is it open world where you will be able to explore or will it be like Mass Effect (which I loved) where you have an awesome back drop with a little bit of freedom to explore but it is mostly a guided path you have to follow? Also afraid it will be released as an incomplete game where they purposely lock parts of it so they can slowly release it quarterly to make you think you are getting all this extra content.

#1 Blatz, Nov 25, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
    Uprising likes this.
  2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Bethesda's next gen projects: Elder Scrolls and Starfield -- ignore 76. It was a cash grab, but they are still a good studio until their single player projects start looking like ****.

Kingdom Hearts 3 -- Long awaited end of the trilogy.

Halo 6 (Halo Infinite) -- Yeah its on the decline, but its still Halo. Rumor it could be open world. Everything implied seems like its going to be similar to Destiny / Anthem / Division.

Metro Exodus -- Open world Metro.

Blatz likes this.
  3. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

I forgot about the new Metro. I never played the earlier ones and this one does look good.

RedRedemption likes this.
  4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Objectively, 2019 doesn't seem too crazy gaming wise. 2020 is probably going to be a better year after 2019's E3 reveals whatever is in the pipeline.

AAA is kinda declining right now with everyone trying to experiment with 'live service' model that Destiny, Division, 76, etc. are doing that GTA Online (and soon RDR2 online) really made a crazy amount of money on. Pseudo MMO open world, but not really; so it looks like we're in a bit of a rough patch before it gets better. We're on the tail end of everyone trying to cash grab CCG games, so gaming should be in a better spot after the tail end of the live service model possibly this year.

Entropy likes this.
  5. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

The Metro games are very, very good and very underrated I feel. A perfect blend of survival horror and fps action. I'm glad I discovered them.

I hope it and Halo aren't completely open-world though. I love sandbox games, but sometimes it's nice to play a somewhat linear, 10-12 hour action romp, especially after a 100+ hour game like Assassin's Creed.

Then there's...
    Wolfenstein Youngblood
    Gears of War 5
    Doom Eternal

And hopefully...
    The Last of Us Part II
    Metroid Prime 4

And then the sequel to a gem of a Metroidvania game.

Gonna be a good year for gaming.

Blatz likes this.
  6. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I don't trust Anthem, I need to see reviews first. I want it to be good, but it doesn't look that way.
    Division 2 should be solid if they learned from their mistakes on the first one, the game is quite fun now. I'm pretty much just playing Red Dead and waiting...

Blatz likes this.
  7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

2027 is going to be dope too.

RudyTBag likes this.
  8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Super Smash Bros...

:D

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Cyberpunk 2077 has to be one right?

seclusion likes this.
  10. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I haven't been paying too much attention to what's coming out. I only game on PC, so that limits me a bit in terms of a few games I am interested in....RDR2....patiently waiting for the PC release....I'm not buying it twice like I did with GTA5....plus I don't have a current gen console.

Metro games are solid.

What I'm more into these days are coop games. I needs more games like Deadspace 2 in my life.

11. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

I am looking forward to Anthem. I hope it lives up to its potential.

12. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

If/When it gets released on PC I will happily buy it again. RDR Online + PC = win. (Plus the inevitable mods)

Uprising likes this.
  13. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've not bought 76. I probably won't based on what I've read so far. I'm sad about that.

I do look forward to Bethesda's next effort.

14. CCorn

CCorn Member

At the rate I’m going I’ll have red dead beat by 2020

seclusion likes this.
  15. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Same. LOL. I can go off the grid and wont have to reup on my xbox live cause I wont need it and I can just buy cyberpunk when I get done with RDR2.

16. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I’m hoping for next gen consoles next year.

17. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Didn't Division Fail pretty badly?

Anthem is an EA game, makes me weary.

Crackdown series I never got into but I heard good things about them.

I've become very one dimensional when it comes to games nowadays. 2K/ FPS/ maybe one story mode game. I've been on R6Siege for 3 years now and I don't see it slowing down. I support the game by buying the season pass every year, hopefully this continues for a couple more years! 2K i'll probably slow down on. I bought it on sale for 36 last month, it's already further for sale at 20 today, so I made a bad purchase in hindsight.

18. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I got into the Anthem Alpha, I'll let y'all know what I think within the confines of the NDA lol. (When I get to play next month)

Blatz likes this.
  19. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

Nice, I hope you enjoy it.

20. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Ditto, I'm quite skeptical though.