1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New Draft Express Mock Draft (After Combine)

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 9, 2012.

1. Raven

Raven Member

I don't think he falls that far, same with Meyers Leonard. If we could somehow get both those guys, I would almost forgive Morey for not tanking. Almost.

2. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

I read a report saying the Bobcats want like 3 players and 2 picks for the #2

3. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

^ okay..we send them, Klow7, Ppatt, Bud, + 14th and 16th for 2nd + Augustine + a 2nd round pick :p

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

3 young players? I hope they don't expect 3 young guys and 2 middle lottery picks. Good luck with that.

5. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Perry Jones is the next Charlie Villanueva. His drop on this mock draft makes sense.

6. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

Perry Jones has more athleticism and talent (not to mention hair) than Charlie Villanueva ever dreamed about. I don't think their games ever resembled each other, or will. That being said, CV might actually end up having a better career for all we know.

7. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Based on past NBA draft trade history I think it is certainly plausible. I think it's just a matter of what Charlotte wants in deal.

8. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

Nope, I'm advocating we take highest potential player, no matter what. I don't care what position is involved. Unless there is absolutely no one left on the board that we think can be a star. Then and only then do you go for a positional pick.

I don't agree with the name bit or the 3 better prospects at SG bit. There is only one other SG with more/equal talent than him (Lamb)....whether he puts it together or not. He does seem entitled at times and normally I'd hate to pick up a guy like him, but he is the one with the most potential that might actually be there for us.

For some reason you keep assuming that just because you draft a guy, he takes over, no questions asked. When you are drafting at 14 and 16, you hope the guy becomes a role player or eventually competes for the starters role. If he isn't outplaying Parsons, then he doesn't play. We spent a damn 14th pick on him. We rolled the dice hoping for some superior talent and either it develops or it doesn't....but it's time to go for something larger than solid guys.

Donatas is unlike any other player in this draft, that doesn't mean we know he is going to be successful and therefore it doesn't mean we should be afraid to draft another player at that spot if we feel like he can be a star. The best case scenario is you end up with two good players at one position. You'll either find time and minutes for both or you get to trade them for someone you need. Once again, this all leads right back around to....this team isn't good enough to assume we don't help at any position.

I agree with those plans. Except I don't expect Martin to ever be worth a **** again until he is playing for a coach that bases their whole system on finding him ****ty little exploits for his game.

Hell, Rivers can give more than Martin did last year just by being himself....like you are missing out on any D or aggressiveness with that swap. And while I would rather have Lamb....he isn't going to be there.

9. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

If we take Zeller over Jones at #16 (assuming 1-15 go this way), I don't know if I can be a Rockets fan anymore.

10. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I don't think that would do it, but I also don't think we need to move up to #2 to get the player we need out of this draft.

The Bobcats just drafted Kemba Walker. I doubt they want Lowry. In fact, none of the teams in the top 5 need a PG, other than the Hornets, and they are pretty set on taking Anthony Davis.

It basically comes down to Portland, and how enamored they are with Kendall Marshall and Lillard. Lillard could go as early as #6 to Portland, or if they like the value of a Kendall Marshall better, they could trade back, or grab him at #10.

Toronto at #8 looks like the next best option for Lowry. Unfortunately, some of the real stud prospects the rockets may be targeting could be gone. Davis, Robinson, Drummund, Beal, MKG, and Barnes are all likely to be gone by #8.

Detroit and N.O. are both likely to go big with picks 9 & 10, so if the Rockets moved up to #8 I think Leonard is the guy they'd be targeting; maybe Sullinger. If they were lucky enough to move up to #6 it would likely be one of those six guys i mentioned above.

To me, you'd really have to believe in Leonard (or Sully) to trade Lowry for #8. And I don't know how high Morey has MKG or Barnes on his board, but you'd have to love those guys to move up to #6. There's also always the 3-way option, which opens up a lot more possibilities.

I think most of us would like to see Lowry moved on draft night, but the reality is that he doesn't have to be. If Morey doesn't find the right deal, he may hold back and move Lowry after the draft.

For my part, if we stay at #14, I think we need to grab Mo Harkless. I see Tracy McGrady. Point blank, i think he has the most upside of any other player that is likley to be available, save Perry Jones, but at least Harkless has the killer instinct you want to see.

11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I would be pretty pissed if we traded Lowry for a #8 pick. I think the value is pretty bad and for whatever reason the #8 pick almost always sucks.

12. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I'd really like to know Orlando's draft board.

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

If you could trade Lowry by himself for #8, you do it.

14. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I'm not a PJIII fan. I'm a Baylor grad, and PJIII is my least favorite BU player ever. Frustrated the crap out of me all season long.

Having said that, I don't know that I could say D-Mo has a much higher upside. I'm not sure of that at all. And as good a player as I think Parsons is, I wouldn't let it stop me from taking PJIII just because Chandler Parsons was on the roster...because the upside for PJIII is hella bigger than Parsons' upside.

15. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I do like Sullinger. He's short and doesn't come off the ground, but he'd make a very good PF/C with his ability to post or face the basket out high. I consider him the halfway point between Scola and Love.

Very true, but his drive is just as lacking. I still say Perry Jones III should have been the best player in college this season. 6-11, great frame, obscenely athletic, skilled, able to affect the game at both ends....and he was wallpaper over half the time. You'd think someone was slipping him Tylenol PM some games.

I compare that to Thomas Robinson, who was a force of nature on Kansas. My money is absolutely on Robinson, and I'd happily move 3 players and both picks to get him.

16. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Any thoughts on Quincy Acy?
    DX has him ranked #80, but from what I've seen I think there a place for Acy in the NBA. Would you agree or no?

17. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Wow, tough for me to say. Really hard worker, but he just seems so raw. I'm not sure he's skilled enough to be anything special in the NBA. Maybe a bench player at some point.

I'd love to be wrong on that, though. I love Acy. If PJIII had half of Acy's heart, he'd be taken in the top 3 of this draft.

1 person likes this.
  18. da_juice

da_juice Member

I fiddled around with trade machine, unless we take back Magette or Tyrus Thomas- we couldn't evne send Lowry, Patterson, and Morris.

19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I think Mr. Cho needs to understand that Beal or MKG or TRobinson are not worth, say, #14, #16, Lowry, and Mmorris or Cbud.

If he wants his team to continue as a laughingstock with nothing to spark a fanbase, well, let him play hardball.

I could see him trading with Cleveland or Portland for their multiple picks.

EDIT: dajuice, I would say that Charlotte needs to amnesty Maggette's sorry azz, but the owner is probably too cheap to do so.

20. Raven

Raven Member

Preach it!