1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

New commish Adam Silver -article

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ferrari77, Oct 27, 2013.

1. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

From SBJ/SBD

More in the link

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2013/10/21/In-Depth/Silver.aspx

2. BleedsRocketRed

Ugh, dude is so creepy looking.

3. Pringles

Pringles Member

Because that's how we rank our commissioners, by their looks. :rolleyes:

4. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Reminds me of a young, bald Bud Selig.

5. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Who wrote this, Stern's PR official? Formerly of the KGB?

ALL HAIL TO GLORIOUS, SELFLESS COMMISSAR STERN.

6. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

It couldnt come at a better time. I do think we'll appreciate Stern more after he's gone.

But the league could use some fresh direction with its newer generation of players and newest forms of team management. Along with the different ways we view content now.

Theres gonna be some annoying things like aads on uniforms and trying to be more international. But it could bring with it some tweaks to rules and the product on court being better

7. BleedsRocketRed

Where did I rank him based on looks? Where in my post did I question his abilities? What does your response have anything to do with mine?

FOH with this nonesene

8. coffeelover665

despite all of us joking about stern, you have to admit, he did a wonderful thing for the nba.

9. Raven

Raven Member

Ha ha, so true, so true.

10. Raven

Raven Member

Larry Bird and Magic fell into his lap, then ESPN and Jordan. The NBA and cable news were perfect for each other, and the fact that White kids embraced hip hop culture didn't hurt, either. And while the NBA isn't as screwed up as MLB, free agency has allowed super stars to wrestle control from owners, and that's on Stern. I'd say his legacy is favorable, but the praise is being laid on way too thick.

11. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Well, your comment was that he is creepy looking. Since that's the only comment you made, I think his response makes perfect sense.

12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

selig, stern, silver….the chosen ones