1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New Ban to be announced Tues: Forbids any device larger than cellphone on airlines from 13 countries

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by BleedRocketsRed, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

That is one of the worst airports ever. Like no organization at all. You have to go through security like 3 times.

2. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

Seriously? Have you been recently (within the past two years)? It's considered one of the best, if not the best, airports in the world.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  3. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

I do not have a problem with this one, seems like minor inconveniences, if the intelligence agencies says this is threat, I would take them seriously.

4. Exiled

Exiled Member

Not a big deal despite having to fly next week on Turk. Airlines.
    They should ban little kids who kicks seats from behind. It seems like I'm the only person who's booking economy class in CF ,so I know what I'm talking about

5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Apparently the reason behind is that its more possible to hide a bomb in a laptop than a phone or tablet; that baggage is better screened during checked in baggage (less stress to have passengers move through quickly) and that a device exploding in the planes baggage area is less dangerous than in the main cabin.

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I don't understand this? Every flight I've ever been on EVERY SINGLE laptop was checked.

What changed that warrents this policy?

7. Air Langhi

Yes I went there like in December (Christmas Time). It is very disorganized because people don't follow instructions and the people there don't seem to care. There are people trying to cut no one really know what is going on. There is long lines even for people with a short connections (1.5 hour). The person in charge is like I don't care. Its very fancy with shops and lounges, but the people running it are basically all from India and I don't know if you have been to an airport in India, but it doesn't run too smoothly.

8. Air Langhi

Lithium ion batteries are already pretty dangerous. Just take out the cells and short them together you will cause a fire. That is why LiPos are REQUIRED to be carried on. If the FAA believes you must carry on Lipos why does homeland security believe they should be in storage?

9. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Exactly. This is the reason why electronic cigarettes are not allowed to be in checked baggage (yet not allowed to be used on planes).

10. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

So it looks like the UK will follow suit, albeit some different countries (?). Still curious to see how long it will last

[​IMG]

#30 shastarocket, Mar 21, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  11. BleedRocketsRed

I totally misread the article. You are right. It is only for flights from specific airports and not just flights from specific airlines. It only affects foreign airlines but I don't think any American airlines currently have flights to those countries anyways.

[​IMG]

12. BleedRocketsRed

Idk I've always been required to take my laptop out of my laptop bag and place it in a separate container through security for that particular reason...

13. BleedRocketsRed

Change it lol. Get Dubai to a Euro city on some Euro airline and Euro city to DC on same Euro airline.

14. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Nobody has ever blamed Indians for being organized. Lines in India for anything don't really exist. Its basically who can elbow and kick their way to the front.

And yeah...middle east airport workers are about the laziest, self entitled people in the world (basing my experience solely on Emirati "workers").

15. s land balla

Interesting that the UK didn't put Iran on the list. British Airways flies a nonstop between Heathrow and Tehran.

The only reason the UK put Tunisia and Lebanon on their list and the US didn't is because there are no direct flights between the US and Tunisia/Lebanon.

It's also silly that this doesn't affect the nonstop flight between New York JFK and Lahore, Pakistan on Pakistan International Airlines.

#35 s land balla, Mar 21, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  16. BleedRocketsRed

Don't see the issue with Copenhagen to Austin.

Where is your connection for Cairo? Doubt there is any nonstop between Austin/Cairo.

17. BleedRocketsRed

There isn't really a nonstop flight between JFK and Lahore on PIA though. It goes via Germany I believe.

I know this because I'm Pakistani lol.

s land balla likes this.
  18. BleedRocketsRed

Pretty sure they got private jets lol.

19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I've looked. Every single flight home is from one of the affected airports :(

20. s land balla

It's funny, on my multiple flights last year from Doha, Qatar to Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, there would always be a fleet of Mercedes S-class sedans on the tarmac, ready to pick up members of the royal family straight from the plane.

The rest of us were shuttled onto a bus that drove us to the terminal.

God I hate that country.

Mathloom and AroundTheWorld like this.