1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New 1560 Lineup

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by desihooper, Dec 22, 2010.

1. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Starting January 3, 2011:

5:00AM - 6:00AM - Steve Czaban (national)
    6:00AM - 10:00AM - John and Lance
    10:00AM - 12:00PM - John Harris and Raheel Ramzanali
    12:00PM - 3:00PM - Sean Pendergast
    3:00PM - 6:00PM - Travis Rodgers NOW (national)
    6:00PM - 9:00PM - Game Cast with Bob Berger, Craig Shemon, David Nuño, and Robert Neagli (national)
    9:00PM-1:00AM - Todd Wright (national)
    1:00AM - 5:00AM - David Stein (national)

Looking forward to more Lance and John Harris doing their draft thing on the national shows.

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

a little disappointed that the drive home is a national show.

then again, i don't have much of a commute.

1560 is my first choice for sports radio...but to the extent i'm listening to sports radio between 3-6, i guess i'll be listening to 790, now. really not interested in the national shows.

3. countingcrow

countingcrow Contributing Member

What happened to Ken Hoffman?

4. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hoffy had to step down due to a clause in his Chronicle contract that prohibited him from doing on-air ads. So Travis Rodgers took his place from 12-3 for the past few months.

I agree on the national drive time, MadMax. Looks like I'll be streaming 790 from here on out for afternoon drive.

Now I'll have to see how I can recoup those two hours of extra productivity in the mornings. I usually tried to ease into my morning by streaming John and Lance until 10 and then start working in earnest ;)

5. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Interesting, It's about time they split Sean and John up. I liked their show during College Football season but they don't really offer much as far as the other sports. John and Raheel should be...interesting, not sure how that will workout and Sean by himself might suit him better. Good to see Nuno getting his own National show with two vets.

6. van chief

van chief Member

Does this mean the signal strength will get improved?

7. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Yeah, I gave up on 'em about a year ago due to this "promise" that was never kept to upgrade the signal. Now I'm all hooked on 790. BIG FAN.

8. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

The signal and stream suck for 1560.

Been listening to 790 in the morning with Matt and Adam and good ol' Charlie on the way home. Love it.

9. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

I'm with MadMax. They just lost an afternoon drivetime listener. I like my local flair in the afternoon so it will be 790. I wish 610 would give a little afternoon competition, sometimes Pallilo can be a little dry on his own, but Lord is unlistenable. I thought Sean and John gave a good option.

#9 Bogey, Dec 22, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2010
  10. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

agreed, with the national show going to the drive home
    it will most certainly suck

and when does david nuno get a permanent time slot?

11. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

i actually didn't mind lord and henslee, but as per their usual, 610 has already broken that up

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Until they talk about Rockets Basketball (No Layups is like 1% of it's programing) I ain't listening...I do support the cause though.

13. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

is that still an issue?

where i drive, it's never an issue. literally...never. i didn't realize it hadn't been addressed otherwise.

14. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Wow, this was a dumb move. Sean and John were the best thing about this station. Why split them up and give them both crappy timeslots? I don't get this at all.

15. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

Being on the north side, I always have the signal problem with 1560. Personally, I don't know why anyone would want to listen to anything other than Charlie in the evening. He is on a completely other level than the other stations.

16. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I have not been in Houston for a while, but when/why were Sean and John split up? I used to like that combo. Congrats to Nuno, he was always great, when did he get a national show?

17. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I used to be a big 1560 the game listener but they never ever talk about the Rockets at all. John and Lance used to be my favorite but all Lance does is talk about football and his daddy... No one cares...

IMO, Houston's sports radio stations blow.

I do listen to 790 a little more. Matt and Adam will talk some Rockets BBall.

18. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

There is no need for any other sports radio show to even be on the air from 3-7pm in Houston. Charlie Pallilo has that locked down tight.

19. ontherox21

ontherox21 Member

You do realize that Travis Rodgers is a local show, right? He moved here a few months ago. He has a lot of people come on from Cali, but what do you expect...thats who he knows. I like his show..I think it would have been better if they paired him up with somebody, but whatever. I'll flip between him and Pallilo.

20. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Definitely puzzled with this lineup, but very glad to see Brando is gone.