1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nets sign Donatas Motiejunas to 4-year, $37M offer sheet

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Dec 2, 2016.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

2. ricardo1979

ricardo1979 Member

Sounds like they will decline and with the emergence of Dekker and Montrez they think they can cover their bases. I still maintain we need a low post scoring option especially in the playoffs when the pace significantly slows down.

3. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

Sounds more like they will match. Morey may just need the time to make the coresponding roster move to make room.

pst257 likes this.
  4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. ricardo1979

ricardo1979 Member

I hope they do.

IslandB.O.I. likes this.
  6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah but you have until March 1st to decide that. If Dmo is not showing a return to form or if he has back issues before then you can decline the 2nd year option and you have your cap money back.

You can lose Dmo today for nothing, or you can wait until March 1st too make that decision. It makes no sense not to punt.

cdrive and Pen15clubber like this.
  7. Yodels

Yodels Contributing Member

DMo is the kind of player I don't mind matching for. He's a chemistry guy. He'll also give us that Boris Diaw type play. The contract is not that expensive considering how contracts are going these days.

omgTHEpotential likes this.
  8. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Idk. If flexiblity is your 1st priority then you need to decide that now. With that being said I say you match no doubt. That contract is too team friendly and I think you could get rid of other pieces if you absolutely needed to make cap space.

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If he is cut by March 1st it has no impact on flexibility.

10. Rokman

Rokman Member

Didn't we see what he had last season? Now, he hasn't played basketball in months and the rest of the league has shaken off the preseason rust and is running full steam. This dude is gonna be out of breath in 3 minutes with the way we play under D'Antoni and he's definitely going to be out of the loop. But hey, D'Antoni is a pretty good coach, he was even able to get Brewer to hit a few shots so I will assume he can incorporate DMo alright.

On a side note, we can sign and trade DMO with his approval the first year. I wonder if there is someone on the Nets squad that we could use more (and don't you dare say Lin) that we could swap with them for. Morey make some Magic!

11. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Wouldn't it be silly to not match with that contract?

12. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Yes of course but what if the team's wants him and wants to make a run at a Big dollar FA. Like what if they just miscalculate on their ability to do both and in hindsight were like I wish we had more flexiblity. Once again this a super small detail. They need to match. I mean didn't they offer him a two year deal anyways.

13. omgTHEpotential

HE LOOK OK

[​IMG]

14. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Great idea, wait - - what? CanNOT be traded to Nyets under any condition for one full year.

RocketsFan0 likes this.
  15. opticon

opticon Member

Since the Nets are the ones that tendered the offer sheet we cant doing any trades involving Dmo with them.

Dmo having Veto power is not that big of a deal because the rockets still have complete control of the amount of minutes he gets to play. Dmo would rather be traded to a team that lets him play than rot on the bench.

Agents and their network of reps are pretty much immune from tampering. A team that is interested in getting Dmo in trade can simply ask Bj is Dmo interested in playing for team X.
    Or Morey could even ask Bj what is a list of teams Dmo would be interested in playing for. In my mind the biggest hindrance is any Dmo trade is his ability to pass a physical.

16. Lightsnowaction

Not if you believe in the potential in Harrell and Dekker.

vator likes this.
  17. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What worries me is that Dekker and Trezs minutes will be reduced. I think Dekker is going to be special but he will only get better with more playing time.

Balldon'tlie and vator like this.
  18. CCorn

CCorn Member

Give him more time at the 3.

19. Nivos

Nivos Member

Must sign him on that contract.
    It's stupid and naive to think all will go smooth with no injuries in our lean front line.
    What do we do when Anderson get injured? Bring up Wiltijer?

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

#100 zeeshan2, Dec 3, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2016