1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Netflix Series] The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by percicles, May 18, 2017.

1. CCorn

CCorn Member

I haven’t smoked weed in a while, but I’m guessing I’d need to if I wanted to watch this show.

J Sizzle likes this.
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The movie is also on Netflix if you need a refresher

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

It is ok
    I dunno
    I can appreciate the difficulty more than the story though

Rocket River

B-Bob likes this.
  4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Watched the first episode and couldn't get past the uncanny valley dead faces.

They should've given them Muppet fur instead of plasticy faces. The voices are already Muppet like.

Excellent set pieces but not sure if I'm gonna watch anymore until it's 3 seasons in with good reviews

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Wait until you get to episode 3, it is amazing.

DD

6. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Four episodes in and I really like this so far, but to be fair I loved the movie to death when I was a little kid, must've seen it 10+ times at least. So I'm geeking out pretty hard that they this exists at all, let alone with the voice cast they ended up with.

The visuals are absolutely amazing, with the weird caveat that I think they did a better job in the original movie with the Gelfling faces and voice-syncing in particular.

DaDakota likes this.
  7. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I’ve never heard of whatever this if but it looks creepy af

B-Bob and daywalker02 like this.
  8. Buck Turgidson

When did you grow up?

9. rhino17

rhino17 Member

90s

10. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Since the whole season is out but I'm sure many haven't seen it yet (I just finished ep 5 last night myself), is there anyone in this thread who's finished it? I'm curious for perspective on how the second half compares to the first.

It does seem like a lot of lore-dumping so far, but the tail-end of 5 feels like that "oh snap, ****'s on" moment, and I feel like maybe that's the turning point where it starts having a more action-oriented, single-thread feel rather than the meandering bent it's had thus far (which, to be clear, I have no issue with).