1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Netflix] Last Chance U

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by DreamShook, Jul 31, 2016.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I watched it all. It was really good. Netflix has been killing it lately.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rFzvBYFrhOc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. AFS

AFS Member

Just finished it today. I'm interested to see if JF3 gets the starting job at Auburn.

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

As an Auburn fan, I'm excited to see John Franklin, though I've heard he's not too great in this documentary. Either way, really excited. Heard very good things about it.

4. 713

713 Member

This is like Friday Night Lights if it was real. The counselor even kinda looks like Connie Britton. Go Lions!

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

He had one great moment, but not great over all. He seems like an ******* too, but I think that is just his overflowing confidence in his abilities.

I really liked this docu-series. I need more.

6. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Will start this tonight. Thanks for the heads up, needed something new.

7. AFS

AFS Member

He had one really good game, but I think his strengths didn't fit the strengths of the offense EMCC was trying to run. Wyatt was more accurate with his short throws so Franklin got beat out. When Franklin runs, though, he's unstoppable.

8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Crazy to see how many passes the players get to get good grades. DJ Law shoulve been out a long time ago. The coach is culpable for getting them disqualified and then calling them thugs? Watched this last week to get us pumped up for my son's upcoming football game. Netflix always puts a football series right before the season.

9. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Started watching it this past Sunday only because it was in UltraHD. I may have to go back and watch it all the way through.

10. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

What a great series. Netflix just kills regular TV and even cable with shows like this. Hoping for another season. Every football fan should watch this.

11. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I actually thought he had a decent head on his shoulders. He kept encouraging other players to stay the course, play ball somewhere, free college better than no college, etc.

12. awc713

awc713 Member

it's mind-boggling (and honestly pretty sad) to see just how stupid some of these players are. just go to class and get a free education! i do not understand why any D1 prospect would skip class with a free education on the line. not just the education, but eligibility as well. literally the easiest thing in the world to do...just show up.

13. awc713

awc713 Member

off topic, but stranger things on netflix is also really good. it's a sci-fi mystery that's a tad scary, but very well done. everything about the show is incredible...i've watched it twice. it's bizarre, but i highly recommend. very well made.

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Yeah, I thought he was fine. Not a great personality, but didn't think he was a full blown *******. Encouraged his team. Didn't complain (mostly). Just realized that this was his one opportunity to get back to D1, and he was one of the few who actually realized that and took it seriously and made it. I hope he pans out at Auburn.

15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Friday Night Tykes craps all over this show. Damn that was good. I want to be a tyfa coach now.

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Anybody catch season 2? It's very well done.

17. 713

713 Member

Yeah better than season 1. Couldn't stand Kam though.

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Yah Kam was annoying, but these guys have real issues that make them act like dummies.

Whoever that linebacker is, with the blond tipped dreads, always dropped the out-of-left-field wisdom under his mumbles. That dude gets it and wasn't highlighted enough on the show.

19. 713

713 Member

That was Dakota Allen, I remember him specifically because after a big interception he shouted at the opposing team's bench "Texas N word, Houston N word."

20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Nope, not Dakota Allen. The guy I'm talking about was darker and wasn't a focus at all in the show.

The guy that was talking with the backup RB after the Isaiah concussion blow up. This dude would just randomly drop wisdom throughout the show.