1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nervous Eating During Rockets Playoff Games.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by percicles, May 3, 2007.

1. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Anybody else get this?

During the playoffs 2 year ago I realized I just stuff my face during critical playoff games. In fact, I've been doing it ever since Game 7 of the 1993 semifinals against the Sonics.

To illustrate: During Game 4 of the 2005 playoffs with Dallas my girlfriend bought a thing of pound cake from Whole Foods with the sole purpose of entertaining her friends following the game. She left with some girlfriends, as was customary during Rocket playoff games, and I was left alone. I secured provisions for myself Kettle BBQ chips, Blue Sky Soda, & some Gummy Bears. By the 5 min mark of the 4th qtr I was all out and went straight for the pound cake with the intention of just having a slice. My girlfriend would understand. When Jason Terry hit that damn three pointer i looked down at and the pound cake was gone. In fact it got so bad that the crust left at the bottom of the tin case was scratched and clawed clean. My fingernails had pound cake underneath them.

Girlfriend gets home w/ the other wenches and starts making coffee. She asks where her pound cake was and I said I ate it all. The wenches laugh, my girlfriend makes a sad face, one wench retrieves the case and makes a comment on my claw marks.

Game 5 was even worse. I bought this thing of organic chocolate/hazelnut spread to have w/Peanut butter and bread. We all no how that game ended but when all was said and done my fingers were bleeding on account of my trying to scrape the bottom with my fingers and cutting them on the foil wrapping.

Hope I'm not the only one. Plz tell me some of you throwdown 4 dozen wings and a case of beer.

Hope the Rockets win coz I'm trying to get dow to single digit body fat.

..I'm currently at 13%. :)

2. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

:eek:

God damn man. eaaaaaaaaasy.

i ate some wings, with no water.

3. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

I'm just drinking my ass off. Tito's Vodka (which I discovered thankd to CF.net) is my friend!!!

4. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

I made sure i had nothing here tonight. Although I do have some bannanas and honey...... hhmmmm????

5. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Try watching the game on mute. Its makes me less anxious especially when losing.

6. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

I can't stop eating during critical games also. It keeps me from cursing up a storm. My highest calorie intake is during rockets games. Not only that if we lose my highest alcohol consumption is right afterwards.

7. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

I eat really really fast. Tonight I ate a whole bowl of ravioli in maybe under 2 minutes.

8. Rox_fan_here

Rox_fan_here Contributing Member

Man I know how you feel. When the Rockets are loosing I canĀ“t for the life of me stop throwing my feces at the TV. I once thought there was something wrong with me but then I saw the discovery channel where a few chimps were doing it so now I know its cool.

9. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

I'm the opposite. I got so tense during tonights game, I couldn't eat a bite. Tonight was the tensest I've been in a long time. I don't know what the hell I'm going to do on Saturday.

10. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

hah yeh same here. I just noticed i eat a lot and eat fast when i watch them. I found myself yelling and cursing at the tv while having food in my mouth. damn that game frustrated me tonight.

11. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Massive consumption of Miller Lite during a close game.

12. stevesazninvazn

i drink water... a lot of it. plus i play the guitar when its a tight game. blues when were losing and metal when were winning.