1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Need lineup change: Jeff Green

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hakeemtheking, Mar 5, 2020.

1. Mr. Space City

i don't care what he did for other teams, he's been solid for the rockets and their system, and that's what matters more than anything.

D-rock and Hakeemtheking like this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

disregarding numbers that absolutely show he's been a + here doesn't do anything but prove you just hate him regardless. what he did with other teams has nothing do with how he plays on this team right now. And to this point he has been a great fit.

"Literally means nothing" nah they actually mean something

D-rock likes this.
  3. bj3175

bj3175 Member

and opens his floater up

D-rock likes this.
  4. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Don’t know why you’re upset. It’s just one loss and we’ll bounce back.
    No I don’t hate him. I just don’t think he helps his team win if he’s going to play a lot. Those numbers do mean nothing. How many games has he played? What are his numbers in only the Boston NY and Utah games, you know, the ones that weren’t complete blowouts where we were red hot and blew our opponents out (or was that due to Jeff Green?) or this game where we got blown out?

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

upset? not really. your post is just puzzling. anyone with sensible bball iq has seen green being a great fit here. the eyetest shows it and the numbers back it up.

whatever your deal is with him obviously tells you everything that matters means nothing. which is well not exactly valid

D-rock likes this.
  6. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Ok but why was he bad in those games I listed? Let’s talk numbers. -8, -11 and 0. That was his +/- . Two of those games were wins. What’s up with that?

StrawberryJamm likes this.
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

so none of the other games conveniently matter huh

+/- being your tell all is pretty bad

D-rock likes this.
  8. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Agreed, I'd like Green at 5 and Tucker at 4 and see what happens. House clearly isn't a starter, especially seeing him in at garbage time. Rivers is getting shafted too, got to get him more PT. Remember him coming in last year and busting his butt on D? MDA must not trust his shooting...

D-rock likes this.
  9. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

House had a good game today

10. bj3175

bj3175 Member

House is a better fit playing with Gordon,Rivers and Bmac when Russ is leading the team where he can get the ball a little more he doesn't need to play with James. He isn't ready to be a starter quite yet. Green Covington and Tucker have a chance to be brilliant defensively and offensively as starters

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

not really. getting his when the team is down 20+ doesn;'t mean you had a good game

12. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

6 is not much of a difference on rebounds and we had more offensive rebounds than they did

D-rock likes this.
  13. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

had the best +/- on the starting team and it doesn't matter when you get them, they still add to the score. He didn't give up

D-rock likes this.
  14. YOLO

YOLO Member

best +/- on a night you get destroyed is nothing to highlight

of course it matters.

D-rock likes this.
  15. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

You’re proving my point. You can pull up different numbers for different games. It’s not my tell all, but only the numbers that please your argument suffice right?
    And you shouldn’t have argued “those other games” cuz guess what, he’s played 7 games and only had positives in 3, the Memphis Golden State and NY wins. I’m sure the outcome would have been drastically different if we didn’t have Jeff Green those games.

I would say what’s most telling is he hasn’t done anything with anyone, hasn’t won much aside that one season with Lebron where Lebron was responsible for everything.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

your mind is pretty much made up. but perfect to revisit as the season goes on into the playoffs

again your +/- tell all is terrible

D-rock likes this.
  17. macan

macan Member

i agree with op.
    Jeff Green 5
    PJ back to his 4 spot
    Cov. 3
    Harden 2
    Russ 1

D-rock, Hakeemtheking and bj3175 like this.
  18. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Your mind is made up when you say what’s my tell all. I’m just saying how are you going to pick a certain stat for a guy who has played only 7 games on a team that was hot. The problem is people try so hard with their advanced stats that they take away common sense. Ok. Let’s play your game. You want to talk off and def rating. -39.2. -16. 0. That’s his net rating against New York Boston and Utah. Again. That’s three out of seven games. He did great with the only stats you go by in the blowouts against the Knicks and Grizz and Golden State though.

Red Chocolate likes this.
  19. Red Chocolate

Red Chocolate Contributing Member

House is shooting 37% from 3pt. Can't bench him, and doing so for JG is a disaster

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Uncle Jeff outscored Harden by 1 and in fewer minutes.