1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Need Help: Looking for an air freshener/deodorizer for large areas

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by htownhustla, Jun 27, 2013.

1. htownhustla

htownhustla Member

Hey everyone. I need help trying to figure out which kind of air freshener/deodorizer to use in the hotel I work at. I've used the Airwick metered aerosal spray cannisters and the heated oil plug ins. Just wondering if any other suggestion not involving a spray to use to change the scent of the place. Thanks for your guys help.

2. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

We like the AirWick plug-ins. Island Paradise.

3. MIAGI99

MIAGI99 Member

baking soda is a deodorizer. If it has carpet sprinkle on it and vacuum and same goes for tile, just make a water/baking soda mix and scrub. Essential oils are much stronger than anything you can buy at the stores and can mix that in with the baking soda to give a scent.

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

What does Carnival Cruise Lines use when their ships lose power at sea?

5. Nero

Nero Member

Try a Lampe Berget.

Tons of different aromas, and they actually cleanse the air, instead of just covering up the odors.

6. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

7. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

Buy a Scentsy warmer (electric candles melting 1-2 cubes of scented wax). The air fresheners are usually toxic.

8. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

If you're going to go this route, there are cheaper knock-offs at Walmart.

I've found that the best defense against stinky air is good filtration. Don't skimp on the AC filters.

9. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Why not just get rid of the stench like a hygienic and healthy human being that we all should be, instead of masking it with "air freshener"?

:rolleyes: I hate those Fabreeze commercials... "we put pizza boxes, stinky socks, sweaty towels, etc., in a van... in the heat... in Texas... then we put Fabreeze" oh yeah? Well why not clean the iSht, cochino?!?!? :mad:

10. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

11. htownhustla

htownhustla Member

I do have everything cleaned, carpet shampooed etc, it's just cooking smells from the kitchenettes and smoke from smoking rooms. Makes the hallways smell