1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Need help finding a product, not sure who to ask or where to go.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by BigSherv, Nov 18, 2013.

1. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

Okay guys I need the power of clutchfans on this one.

I am decorating the house for Christmas lights and I have 6 can lights downward facing in my eaves. I want them to shoot down blue light on to the house.

I actually have two different types of enclosures since 4 of them are that movable cat eye kind (need smaller bulbs) and two are straight down (normal flood lamp size). It is a little difficult finding the smaller sized flood lamps in blue. So I have the idea that I can apply some sort of blue hobby grade cellophane or plastic over the led bulb so it will produce a blue light. The problem is I have no clue where one earth to find this product. I don’t know the name of it to even Google it.

I image it is sold in sheets you can cut.

I can buy bulbs online but would rather keep the energy efficient LED’s rather than buying crappy bulbs.

I know some of you all are rocket scientists and engineers. Anything bad with this idea? Fire hazard? I was under the impression LED run very cool.

2. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

3. Salvy

Salvy Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/0ar-__ub0rc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. BigSherv

I am not sure if that will fit over an LED bulb. They are flat on the part that shines the light.

5. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

What the F#(*^$* are "can lights" or "cat eye lights"!?!?!? :confused:

SRSLY, I don't know. Pics?

Have you tried Malibu flood lights at Home Depot or the equivalent at Lowe's?
    http://www.homedepot.com/c/BP_Malibu_Lighting

Flod lights can have LEDs and incandescent types of light.

EDIT: I must point out that I set up my flowerbed lights in my previous home, and that I also set some up this past October for Halloween decoration, but they got stolen... #%$*&^%... so I know about these Malibu lights... wattage, etc.

6. BigSherv

A can light and a recessed light are the same thing. The cat eye is a can light that you can position to aim at a target.

7. BigSherv

No. One one else?

8. weakfromtoday

weakfromtoday Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

#8 weakfromtoday, Nov 18, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2013