1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NBDL] Marcus Morris Game 3 : Reno Bighorns @ Vipers 1/9/2012

Discussion in 'Rio Grande Valley Vipers' started by BetterThanEver, Jan 9, 2012.

1. anchel

anchel Member

This Ahearn played for us in one SL (I remember he also played some games at the ACB) and didn't do nothing remarkable.
    He's doing this in the D-League.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think it is more about potential. Ahearn is a good DLeague player but he's not had himself a career carved out in the NBA. His assists numbers are not impressive.
    It's not like he is Chris Paul of the Dleague in assists and steals.

3. valorita

valorita Member

Ahearn >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>> >>>> Flynn

4. koopa

koopa Member

His brother Markief is doing great in the Suns..but of course he's a more conventional PF because he's bigger. But I'm sure Marcus will fare pretty good in the NBA eventually. And Budinger is a great shooter but there are too much liabilities on defense.

5. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

The problem with Chase is that he really isn't a great shooter. He is a career 34% 3pt shooter. Marcus clearly has some issues too. This was a pretty discouraging game to watch from Marcus. When I saw PPat in the D-League you could see that he understood defensive positioning pretty well and you could see his jumper was money. Morris looks like **** on defense and he only got rebounds because other crappy D-League players couldn't properly secure boards. His range and handles aren't looking great either. Sad to say, but he is looking like a project.

6. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

Markieff is even making 3's at a pretty high rate and looking comfortable doing so. This is a bit of a surprise since Marcus is supposed to be the better shooter and Markieff is more of a post guy.

7. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

8. meh

meh Contributing Member

Wow, no one in the stands. Is this due to football season or something? Or is NDBL entirely subsidized by the NBA?

9. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

look its kelvin lewis from the coogs!

10. Convictedstupid

Why did he change numbers from 2 to 22? Sorry if this was already mentioned in this thread.

11. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

The Rockets whole roster looks like a bunch of projects. Bring the man up and let him get NBA experience for the rest of the year. Its not going to hurt anything, the team is headed for the lottery.

12. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Morris is a tweener. His footspeed and on court lateral ability is a liability. You have to pair him with another tweener type. Josh smith, anthony randolph,mike beasley type of forward. That way, neither are playing full time against a declred position. Kinda like jamison. I don't think he's as athletic, but can be a similar player.

13. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I agree 100%. I want to see T-Will, Patterson, and Morris getting 25+ mpg very soon. Those are the only guys on our team with "upside" outside of Lowry and Lee.

14. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

He isn't athletic, but a number of players have been very successful in the NBA without being extremely athletic. Marcus' problem looks like more about effort. I've only seen him play once, but man it was very underwhelming.

15. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I didn't say he wasn't athletic. I said I don't think he's athletic enough to plat the 3 full time. You can run, but you can't hide a guy with slow feet at the 3. The 3 is generally the most athletic guy on the team. Bud is athletic, but his lateral quickness and explosion get exploited all the time.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I don't think a Paul pierce is the quickest guy laterally speaking......
    Metta WP is still overpowering other 3s so that is working.

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Marcus Morris will not be able to guard NBA threes effectively. He needs to focus on playing the four.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Man if he has a career like Jamison that would be a great pick.

DD

19. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

He honestly didn't look like he was trying much in this game that I watched, but I haven't watched the first two games so I can't conclude the overall effort he put in.

Was his attitude different in the first two games? In this game it seemed like he was playing street ball. Then again if he dominated so easily in the first two games I won't be surprised if he got arrogant and tried to coast through the third game.

20. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I feel like he has Battier level quickness and size, but his effort, fundamentals, and feel for the game certainly seemed to be nowhere near that level on defense.