1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NBDL] Marcus Morris Game 11: Texas Legends @ Vipers 2/19/2012

Discussion in 'Rio Grande Valley Vipers' started by BetterThanEver, Feb 19, 2012.

1. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

It's a back to back for the Vipers. Morris dominated the last game with 31 pts, 16 rebs, 2 asts, 2 stls, and 2 blks. Is he back to his old 30/15 self from earlier in the season? He still needs to play better defense.

Greg Smith has been called up to the Rockets, after Jordan Hill suffered an injury during practice.

The Dallas Mavericks NBDL affiliate, Texas Legends(Frisco, TX) will play against the Vipers.

Sean Williams, the 2007 17th pick, will be playing for the Legends. Many Clutch posters were crazy for this PF in the 2007 draft. We take a closer look at him in tonight's game. Williams signed a 2-year contract with the Mavericks at the beginning of the season. Mavericks sent Williams down to the D-League to develop. He is averaging 15.5 pts, 8 rebs, 2.5 blocks, and 3 fouls.

Antonio Daniels was part of the Spur's 1st NBA championship team with Duncan and Robinson. At 35 yrs old, he was unable to get a new contract after the NBA lockout ended. He put in 14 pts and 13 assists in his last game.

Notable players:
    Sean Williams
    [​IMG]

Antonio Daniels
    [​IMG]

Game starts at 5:00 PM Central.

FREE Live broadcast at the Futurecast link here:
    http://www.nba.com/dleague/

Live box score here:
    http://www.nba.com/dleague/games/20120219/TEXRGV/gameinfo.html#nbaGIboxscore

#1 BetterThanEver, Feb 19, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2012
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Daniels looks like he lost a lot of pounds.

3. redracer1

redracer1 Member

Here's my assessment on Marcus Morris, no matter how many times he keeps putting those impressive stats he does not have the capability to lead his team(RGV) or make his team mates better. Before he came back from injury, RGV has been on a nice winning streak to the point of almost claiming the top spot in the NBDL but now every time he plays they lose especially going against lesser teams. Just check and see the win/loss record when he's on the lineup. Mike Harris or even Jeff Adrien has more heart than him as they carried RGV over the top. Sad to say he has talents but uses it in a wrong way maybe the reasons why he has not been called up despite those stats that he puts up in the D League.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Can't judge leadership by wins and losses.

5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

No, but you can judge it by whether he makes his team better. If he's getting his numbers and his team is getting blown out, that's not leadership.

6. cdastros

cdastros Member

Marcus Morris is coming off is best game as a professional. At the end of the game he switched with the point gaurd on pick and rolls and was able to stay in front of him and contest the shot. He did a good job staying in front of his man throught the game on defense. His help defense still needs work but it will get better with time. On offense he made quicker decisions (Instead of doing a bunch of jab steps he attacked immediately) instead of being a ball stopper. I hope he is able to build on the game he had Saturday.

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah. he led his NCAA team pretty well I'd say...

The Dleague is really not about wins. I doubt any player goes down there and says 'Lets go win this thing.' it's a league where getting called up is the main goal for every player. So every player is looking to put up silly numbers.

8. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Rockets management already screwed up with Lin so for all y'all that are downing Morris don't be in that "i think i'm so smart but ignorant mindset." Until we put Morris on the floor and give him a whole game to really play F your evaulation and what you think because you don't know. He's putting up great numbers that alone should be a reason to play him on the next level.

9. rocketsmetalspd

Going to this game also. Last night was great game two overtimes and refs that were very one sided with the calls. Coach Nurse was very upset with no calls on drives in the overtime sessions, while the Canton guards could do no wrong in the eyes of the refs. I hope the team is not too tired from last nights game.

On a side note Will Conroy was brought out at the end of the game to sign some autographs sponsored by The United Blood Bank. I got my rally towel signed and Will mentioned to me how he wish they would get better refs for todays game.:grin:

10. rocketsmetalspd

If there is a trade on the 15th I am sure it will be one that will give Morris a chance to finally play some minutes for the Rockets.

11. redracer1

redracer1 Member

I'm not being down on Morris and I know the success he's had during college. In fact I'm rooting for him and have high hopes for him. It's just when you're being given a chance to prove yourself you have to make most out of it and be a team player not just having a mentality that I don't deserve here, I can dominate here nothing else to prove or I have put consistent and impressive stats every game when will they call me? The Win/Loss record thing that I mentioned above are just example. It doesn't have to do with leadership either as other players are born to be just good complimentary role players who brings positive impact on a game. Some of you would say it's just D League win/loss thing are not important as long as your prized rookie is performing well statistically wise. D League is the closest thing to the NBA when it comes to scouting and signing players that can help a team when need arises "during the season" unlike the Euroleague wherein you have some buyout issues to settle before you can sign the player.

12. BetterThanEver

See Jeremy Lin.

13. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I agree. He really started to look a lot better on defense and he attacked the basket on offense in this last game. He needs to be in the pros. I don't know what else the D-League can do for him.

14. BetterThanEver

Game has started.

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Let's see if he can help win a game in DLeague instead of just padding empty stats. So far RGV 18-7 without Morris and 2-8 with him.

Would like Rockets players to help win games and not just pad stats.

16. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Anyone have a link to the game , All I get from the futurecast is a blank page.

17. BetterThanEver

For some reason futurecast opens in a new tab, but a blank window also opens up. Check for an extra tab.

1 person likes this.
  18. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I got it to work , I had to right click and open in a new tab ....

19. Rocket_Man_2.0

Sign Humprey...wow he can shoot:eek:

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

This dude missed a open slam lol...a two handed one at that....