1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA trade rumors: Knicks keeping Carmelo Anthony over taking Rockets offer?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jayfree, Aug 4, 2017.

1. bawanyh

bawanyh Member

exactly what I was thinking

J_Hunter_1977 likes this.
  2. mockster

mockster Member

Trade Melo for kyrie Irving and Lebron James * draft picks

3. bawanyh

bawanyh Member

But because of his NTC they cant do that specially now when he said houston only

Hui and Tfor3 like this.
  4. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

Too bad he's proabably 10-13 years old. I can't imagine anyone older than that would be lame enough to waste time and energy on such a pathetic attempt to beguile strangers on the internet. Let's pity him, he must need attention, badly.

Tfor3 and J_Hunter_1977 like this.
  5. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

What does our cap look like if we throw in ego and Anderson for Melo?

6. rockpileindisma

Why do all you insiders put your profiles on private so nobody can see your past "predictions"

7. Vivi

Vivi Member

@Joshua0312 i don't know if you're right or not...i don't think so, but we'll see that. What i don't get is why you're always repeating the same thing..."Melo is not coming to Houston...i know you don't like to hear that...but that's what i've been told" without even adding anything of substance? Those kind of posts are looking clueless after a couple of times regardless if one believes you or not. Add something if you can, if not you should just shut up, just saying, cause that makes you look like a troll.

Cash Cam, Pen15clubber and jch1911 like this.
  8. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

dammit star wars gets me every time!!! +2

jch1911 likes this.
  9. jayfree

jayfree Member

I feel this is a situation that NO GM can effectively get out of and save face on. It really is better to just cut ties than to drag it out and have your organization look like they don't know what they are doing

10. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

So instead they will lose him for nothing after next season. After he has poisoned all their young players against them. Yep, sounds like the knicks.

Tfor3 and J_Hunter_1977 like this.
  11. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

Knicks are in a bad spot, but they have leverage. If they keep Melo only for him to opt out, they have a chance at a fat 2019 free agent pool with stacks to spend unless Kristaps turns down his QO, Kristaps gets a huge offer elsewhere, and Knicks immediately match. Then they have a whole lot less to play with in 2019, if any.

However you slice it, their at best core is gonna be Kristaps, whomever they sign in 2019 (if they can without overpaying), Ntilikinininanannaini, and Timmmmayyyy Hardaway Jr. But that's at best. That is a hard sell as it has no depth nor reflective of what it takes to win in today's NBA.

Better than being locked out for sure in 2019 by accepting Ryno's contract? Yes, but there are a whole lot of ifs that need to go there way if they choose to keep Melo. All those ifs in order to succeed versus the potential that Knicks face an inflated player cost bc their circus front office? I'd rather trade for Ryno, buy Ryno out, and go for the same exact plan for the 2019 free agents. It costs Knicks $5mm more overall, but they don't suffer player backlash (which could inflate the price they pay for players) nor reduces their chances to play in the 2019 free agency class.

12. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Better a disgruntled Melo than a Ryan Anderson for 2 more years.

13. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

What happens when Melo arrives? What's all the talk about a possible banana boat next season? Nothing happens without Melo. Morey admitted he wanted a team USA. We can't afford to sign Melo next year. Also, do u think Morey had a discussion with Paul and Harden about getting a 3rd star? That third star realistically is Melo. If we strike out, what's our chances of retaining CP3? Too many questions I don't have the answers to but I can tell u this; our time to win a chip is now. Melo drastically increases our chances to win a chip BY becoming a super team AND helping lure talent @ a bargain. Morey's not going to piss away this opportunity because of EGO or anyone else except our stars...at the end of the day, just my opinion. I'll root for any team wearing Rox red.

Tfor3, crimsonghost and J_Hunter_1977 like this.
  14. J_Hunter_1977

J_Hunter_1977 Member

MY......THOUGHTS.....EXACTLY!!!!

PhiSlamma15 and Tfor3 like this.
  15. Nook

Nook Member

This.

To anyone that is objective it is obvious that the Knicks have no intention of taking the Rockets offer, that the Rockets have no intention of increasing their offer and Anthony has no intention in increasing his list of teams.

So we will sit until one of the above changes ... the most likely being the Knicks cut their loses and deal Anthony or Anthony increases his trade list.

I don't think that Morey is losing sleep over it... he either has Anthony or Anderson at the 4 and each have tools that fit well with the Rockets.

16. mockster

mockster Member

It was a joke

17. hakeemthagreat

Thing is they HAD a 3 team deal in place but the Knicks turned it down at the last second. This seems like the NBA blocking the Rockets from potential championships. Remember the league is all about narratives. What narrative would they have without Lebron or Steph in it?

Tfor3 likes this.
  18. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

he looks like a troll because he is a troll...

19. J_Hunter_1977

J_Hunter_1977 Member

Interesting theory. But i don't think that's the case here.

20. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

How much did the Knicks pay Joey G to vomit this stuff out?

Seems like posturing from Knicks trying to create leverage.

The Knicks are now my most hated WNBA team.