1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NBA] Rockets All Star Voting - second returns

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Deuce, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

Harden deserves to start but Yao started over prime Shaq...we really cant say anything for a while.

2. malakas

malakas Member

The OP is wrong. Lebron cant be a captain neither can Curry. It looks like the captain of the west will be PG or knock on wood Rose if the players vote for him too.

3. malakas

malakas Member

He got no continent behind him. You think because being european any european fan will support him? Thats usually a reason to hate him more than to support. I dont know if you know but here we dont actually like each other. He has a country behind him though and so does Giannis.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

they don't have a rule in place that prevents players from being captains in consecutive years

5. malakas

malakas Member

Oh? Windhorst said so. Damn he sucks.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

as far as I've read about the all star process/format reports, I don't believe so

the all star head coaches remain the ones who cannot serve in consecutive seasons

#46 YOLO, Jan 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  7. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I understand the politics but I don't agree with that. I think teenage basketball fans in Europe are likely to support him. Of course not all, but all of his country and 3-4% of kids from other countries is enough. As for Giannis, I think he suffers from the current climate of negative sentiment towards immigrants all over Europe. Giannis' brother was called a monkey on TV last year for god's sake, these are things that Doncic wouldn't have to deal with to the same extent. I'm sure most Greeks are highly supportive of Giannis though.

#47 Mathloom, Jan 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    malakas likes this.
  8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

MAN!!! . . . IF Harden doesn;t make the all star
    he will have a chip and a half on his shoulder

Rocket River

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

Do you think so? Even if that ends up being the case, he plays better when he's got a chip on his shoulder, doesn't he?

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

That is my point
    I figure he will make it but
    I never doubt people. . .he still smarting after not make 3 team All NBA that year

Rocket River

11. shvedsucks

shvedsucks Member

Vince carter, Jeremy Lin, just to name a couple hahaha

12. malakas

malakas Member

The teenagers would also vote for Kd or Ad theres no reason to be partial to Doncic. Sure race plays a part but that doesnt have to do only with Europeans. Just because you are from the same continent doesnt mean you support someone. For example I hate every single spaniard nba player even if we are close by and I rather vote for a green alien than any of them.
    If Doncic gets votes from europe sans slovenia thats because hes likeable not because where hes from.

Giannis doesnt suffer vote wise domestically because he is of illegal immigrant background. Same people who are racists or anti illegal imigration go and vote for him. I would say that in previous years at least about 1/3 of his votes came from Greece. Maybe even half.Not sure this year. If you relied on Wisconsin that only cares about the Packers he wouldnt have made it as a starter not in a million years. And he hadnt broke out as a superstar back then to get many votes from casual american fans.

In every news on tv, sites, radio shows they used to call people to vote to the point that middle aged housewives and grandmothers voted and there were even jokes made about it and people used it as a pick up line... Its very hypocritical.

Just because Slovenia is small dont underestimate the number of votes they can give if everyone votes with multiple accounts all day every day.

13. rocks123

rocks123 Member

there are tons of casual fans who knows him. i guess him winning MVP over lebron and his tie with the bulls franchise still makes him top of mind in all star vote. HE had one great game this season and suddenly hes top trending and fans were reminscing how great he was before the injury.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He would actually give a shet in an exhibition game. Just saying. He is not a legit 'Allstar' but still has borderline Allstar scoring potentials.

15. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Casuals don't know who he is?

Dude, he IS the casuals golden boy.

16. rocks123

rocks123 Member

but i have a feeling this year harden might care. just a feeling.

17. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

James is going to start under the new voting format. I am not worried.

18. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Where's the China Rockets vote? Capela not in the top 10? C'mon, China!

19. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

I think Harden needs to develop a booboo on his foot or something and not play in the ASG. Rest him. He sure as hell needs it.

20. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

That's what I want. I want Harden to be disrespected in every way possible so that he's maximum pissed off heading into the playoffs.