1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Before the NBA playoffs resume Friday night, we're talking Rockets, including individual team awards. We're live NOW!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

NBA removes all YouTube clips from Game 6 2002, Kings vs Lakers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DaDakota, Jun 14, 2008.

1. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

There's still plenty NBA-related clips on youtube (NON-Lakers/Kings game 6). Including Rockets R2K game highlights uploaded by the clutchfans account. Not like they took it totally as an excuse to remove ALL copyrighted material owned by NBA, they only took off SPECIFIC video. Specific video which juuuust so happens to be highly controversial and potentially damaging to the league's image....

I'm not a conspiracy theorist. Just that they had the past 6 years (or at least 2-3 years of youtube existence) to make a move on that.

#21 Shroopy2, Jun 15, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2008
  2. renwickftw

renwickftw Member

I can only find a news report talking about the "fixing", which was uploaded 2 days ago. It didnt show too many highlights though. Shroopy2, maybe link?

3. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Right now NBA is just kidding, it was damn a stupid move. Something is going on and somebody should do something with it.

4. bbinchina

bbinchina Member

.... exact conclusion for these years :(

5. kokopuffs

kokopuffs Member

copyright doesn't work the way you think it does.

you can show all or part of a copyrighted work as long as it's for "fair use."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_use

and showing ref corruption is certainly fair use.

6. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Sorry for the confusion, I edited my post to say what I meant.

Saying NBA could remove ALL material if they wanted to. But they just removed Lakers Spurs game 6 ONLY. Which makes sense cuz if they took off everything it'd bring too much attention. Better to stay under radar and sneak it past everyone.

There used to be the ENTIRE game on youtube & other lengthy clips breaking down the ref calls. But I've only seen what you mentioned, minor news reports uploaded the past couple days...

7. TmacsRockets

TmacsRockets Rookie

8. poprocks

poprocks Member

Wow, that's BS. This is akin to OJ Simpson. If he didn't commit the murder then why did he run?

9. conquistador#11

you have seen more than enough.

>>>insert picture of the cigarette smoking man from xfiles.

10. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

I don't deny that this is happening, but I also did a little digging trying to find some evidence. YouTomb is an MIT project keeping track of videos deleted off of YouTube. This is the only NBA related stuff I could find:

http://youtomb.mit.edu/browse/down:copyright:National Basketball Association

Coincidentally (if you're quick enough) the most recent YouTube video deleted is a clip of a Rockets/Grizzlies game in 2007.

There may be many reasons said Game 6 clips don't show up in the YouTomb list - the NBA used another entity to request the takedowns, the YouTomb project may not track deleted videos 100%, etc. I know there's one other site that will automates saving and hosting recently deleted YouTube videos but I'm having trouble remember what site it was.

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Has ESPN reported this? They are gonna tear the NBA up when they get a hold of this.

12. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Very rarely can you use the term "certianly" when speaking about "fair use." What is "fair use" depends on a variety of factors and the NBA will almost always reserve the right to control their property.

13. The Joker

The Joker Member

just went on Youtomb, a bunch of videos have been removed from youtube by NBA. A lot of fight videos, but also a lot of videos that have no thumbnails or descriptions..... this is getting real interesting real quick.

14. Takeoff

Takeoff Member

that wasn't game 7, that was game 4

15. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Seriously, how guilty can you possibly look?

16. tigereye

tigereye Member

Alright, I gotta ask this question.

Anyone think any other series were fixed besides the ones we can point to.

Like say maybe Sa vs. Phx last year. Or Rockets vs. Jazz in 97; (IIRC, I remember alot of head scratching calls made agains the Rockets then)

Or 1994 NBA Finals game 6, I hate to say it by Olajuwon might have gotten a piece of Starks forearm on that last shot. And face it, if your the NBA, you dont want that call made cause a Game 7 could bring in some huge ratings.

Makes you wonder...

17. mic

mic Contributing Member

My faith in the NBA was already pretty low, but this just takes the cake.

18. Htown57

Htown57 Member

[​IMG]
    *Approves*

19. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

We already know for a FACT that the NBA is corrupt. Tim Donaghe is proof.

Now we just need to determan how corrupt. Is it isolated to TD? or does the corruption run mutch deeper?

The idea that the curroption could run as deep as Stern should not be considered outragous.

20. kokopuffs

kokopuffs Member

fine, if the NBA were hypothetically to go to court against whoever uploaded ref corruption clips, they would MOST LIKELY lose. the only recourse they would have is to try to drag it out so the guy wouldn't be able to afford legal aid and then have to settle out of court, but the amount of damage their publicity would take would definitely not be worth it.