1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA MVP race looks very different than it did a month ago | The Jump | ESPN

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stormy1234, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

3. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

PTI had Harden’s 60 point night 4th on their talking points and had 1 min and 30 sec to talk about it.

What a Fcking joke. So not only did they spend 1 min and 10 sec talking about how Wilt scores 60+ 32 times and how the Rockets are only 2 games better then last year and how CP3 takes away from Harden’s season. Never spoke about it being a triple double and we were missing 2 starters arguably 3 with EGO going out.

Kyrie is still the front runner for MVP....

Deuce, James.B.H, 34to11 and 2 others like this.
  4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

media conspiracy

bigred77, RiceRockets and seeingredtx like this.
  5. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Anybody who says that today is a cornball.

Richie_Rich, 34to11, juanm34 and 2 others like this.
  6. topfive

topfive CF OG

So having another superstar on the team (CP3) might hurt Harden's chances, according to Zach Lowe, but he'd be fine voting for Curry?

WTMFF?

7. jayfree

jayfree Member

Which do you think would land him the MVP this year:

1) He averages 34 ppg and 10 assists with a few more great statistical games but the Rockets win only 55 games due to injuries
    2) He averages 30 ppg and 9 assists with Paul helping the Rockets win 60 games
    3) Harden would win in either scenario
    4) Harden will never win MVP

Stormy1234 likes this.
  8. Reeko

Reeko Member

no way Harden doesn’t win the MVP this year unless he and the team have an insane collapse

the media conspiracies and agendas can’t deny him this year, it’s his time...everything is lining up

I hate that they’re now doing this corny awards show. Harden should be receiving his MVP trophy in front of the home crowd during the playoffs.

9. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Everything seemed to line up last year and during his 2014-2015 season godly run. I'm feeling they will do everything in their power to deny Harden the MVP this season.

slothy420 likes this.
  10. Reeko

Reeko Member

It wasn’t lining up like this. Curry has missed 15 games. KD doesn’t have the godly stats, and he and Curry take votes away from each other. The Cavs are a mess. The Bucks don’t have the record. Kyrie doesn’t have the stats.

Harden just needs to maintain his statline and mix in a few more signature games during the 2nd half of the season, and the Rockets need to continue to win games at a good pace. If that happens, then there’s no way they can deny him. No one has the narrative to overcome what Harden is doing.

Sajan likes this.
  11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Wait...they really both think Kyrie is the front runner?

Lmao

seeingredtx likes this.
  12. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I was about to watch the segment. Thanks for saving me the time lol.

seeingredtx likes this.
  13. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Most of the shows today that covered this said the MVP is Harden's to lose. Which it is.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  14. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Don’t do this to yourself man. They will find a way. Curry will have like 3 game winning shots in a row in April and the Warriors will win the conference. Best player on the best team should win MVP. Don’t think that can’t happen and the media won’t jump on it.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  15. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

what I would be more interested in knowing is how Harden’s last 3 years is compared to any player’s best three years that has ever played...of course years when stats weren’t compiled is a challenge, however I am willing to bet it’s no worse then top 3. Imagine if he keeps this up throughout his contract with Houston.....

D-rock likes this.
  16. Reeko

Reeko Member

somebody on here posted that Wilbon had Harden, and the other dude had Kyrie...Wilbon is the one with an actual vote tho, and Kyrie for MVP is just a joke with his statline

seeingredtx and D-rock like this.
  17. Reeko

Reeko Member

that could happen, but it really is Harden’s award to lose

last year it was “Harden has a great case for MVP, but if Westbrook averages a triple double I’ll have to give it to him. That is historic and has never been done before.”

there is no but this year...as long as Harden and the team don’t fade, this should be his time to win MVP after getting snubbed twice...the media might not give it to him in a landslide, but he’ll get it

maintain his statline, keep pace with GS, and don’t start having a bunch of Boston games on national TV and he should be good...thank God Cleveland is a mess right now because Lebron is the one the media was hoping they could give the award to, but he’s let them down

BigM likes this.
  18. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

You should watch it.

James been left at the altar so often that its understandable that his performances all get viewed from the MVP perspective. I hope last night helps his campaign, he so clearly wants and deserves it.
    Gotta appreciate last night and other vintage performances on their own though, we are so lucky to have him.

RocketWalta, Invisible Fan and BigM like this.
  19. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

You’re thinking rationally. These people don’t give 2 f&$ks about any of that. The tiniest c&$t hair sliver of storyline that they can jump on to push the needle somewhere else will be more than enough. I’d love to see Jimmy get it but I’ll never believe it’s possible until it happens.

Also I watched the PTI clip anyways. **** those guys. They basically **** on his night and then said the MVP right now was Kyrie ****ing Irving. A guy with significantly worse numbers on a team with a worse record. I mean this is exactly why frontrunner or not this is an uphill battle with hurricane winds pressing down on him. Dudes can’t even respect what happened yesterday. Looking back I think Wilbon said Harden is first but he’ll clearly jump ship next chance he gets.

20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

shaq all but exposed that the media is against harden. said that if it's even close w/ curry, kyrie, or westbrook that one of those would definitely get the nod over harden. and only way harden can really win MVP is to win a championship first. jackass logic

Invisible Fan, Fyreball and Sajan like this.