1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Is Rigged? Fan Shows Some Suspect Proof The NBA Needs Lakers In The Playoffs

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by LAFIRMA22, Apr 2, 2013.

1. LAFIRMA22

LAFIRMA22 Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YZatX_6i5WY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

And the video is only 4 mins long. I bet you could easily make it 40.

3. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

You could probably make a video like that for every team in most every game. All games will have bad calls. Why do they need the Lakers in the playoffs?

1 person likes this.
  4. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

True, you could make a video with bad calls for every team - but this is more than that, because there were a series of bad calls at the end of close game that all favored the Lakers. And some of them not only bad calls, but ridiculous calls.

And of course the NBA profits from the Lakers being in the playoffs. The TV rating of the games worldwide are a lot higher with the Lakers than say the Jazz.

This is just embarrassing and the NBA is losing credibility. This is just like the new flopping rule, that only seems to hit second tier players and no superstars. Play it fair for every one, no matter how many fans they have.

5. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

I assume the NBA would like the franchise that produces the highest ratings in the playoffs.

My Wizards season tickets typically sell for $10-$20 for most teams. For Lakers they sell for $100.

I don't recall a Rockets game this year where there was a missed call as bad as the dozen or so in that video.

6. basketballholic

Loooooooooooooong history here.

7. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

The Lakers getting preferential treatment? Say it ain't so.

8. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

I think it's also funny that it was always the white referees.

Food for thought.

9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Kings with adelman. This goes back way back.

10. lakersuck

lakersuck Member

And this is why the Lakers suck.

11. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

simply because food and chicks in LA are much better than in Portland.

12. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

you know whats funny...normally id blast a statement like that with out thinking about it...but you are right. I dont know what that means..but from my experience there is joey crawford and couple other white guys that arent quite bad enough for me to know their name.

Brothers is terrible too, but I think he just didnt like YAO. I havent had as big of a problem with him post yao.

13. Anxiety Trooper

Lol that was bad. I already knew the nba was fixed but that was disgusting to watch.

14. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Back, and to the left. Back, and to the left. Back, and to the left. Back, and to the left. Back, and to the left. Back, and to the left. Back, and to the left. Back, and to the left. Back, and to the left. Back, and to the left. Back, and to the left. Back, and to the left. Back, and to the left. Back, and to the left. Back, and to the left. Back, and to the left. Back, and to the left. Back, and to the left. Back, and to the left. Back, and to the left. Back, and to the left. Back, and to the left. Back, and to the left. Back, and to the left. Back, and to the left. Back, and to the left. Back, and to the left. Back, and to the left. Back, and to the left. Back, and to the left. Back, and to the left. Back, and to the left. Back, and to the left. Back, and to the left. Back, and to the left. Back, and to the left. Back, and to the left. Back, and to the left. Back, and to the left. Back, and to the left. Back, and to the left. Back, and to the left. Back, and to the left. Back, and to the left. Back, and to the left. Back, and to the left. Back, and to the left. Back, and to the left. Back, and to the left. Back, and to the left. Back, and to the left. Back, and to the left. Back, and to the left. Back, and to the left. Back, and to the left. Back, and to the left. Back, and to the left.

2 people like this.
  15. Classic

Classic Member

So....

What's new?

16. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Of course, the NBA would want teams that produce higher ratings in the playoffs, but they don't need them, especially to the point where they would purposely rig their games.

17. Jontro

Jontro Member

It's because Jack Nicholson controls the NBA.

Don't know why yall are ignoring this fact...

18. Jet036

Jet036 Member

This.

2002 playoffs anyone? Lakers vs. Kings. The NBA's been riged for AT LEAST 15 years. That's why I don't devote a lot of time to keeping up with the NBA anymore. NBA refs have been busted for rigging games multiple times in the past...hell,, they don't even need to be busted to prove the game is rigged because it's so freaking obvious. They don't even try to be discreet about it. Also, Vegas lines anyone? The line on Team A is +8. Team A leads by 7 with 30 seconds to go and a phantom foul is called on someone from Team B...hmm...**** the NBA. I boycotted it years ago. Keep up online but never watch games on TV. Don't make it easier for Stern to pocket his tainted money. And I always laugh when someone calls people who think the NBA is rigged "conspiracy theorists". Ya, I guess we're as bad as all the "conspiracy theorists" who think WWE isn't real. Grow up and give me a break.

19. VBG

VBG Member

anyone who compares the WWE to the NBA is a complete idiot.

20. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

This is why when ppl tell me parts of the nba are rigged I cant argue.