1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Game Action: 4/7/2017

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clutch, Apr 7, 2017.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

Maybe you should try to not watch them against us during the playoffs :D

DreamShook likes this.
  2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Just looked at the box score.. how bad was it?

3. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, it would've been great/amazing regardless, ESPN was all over this game...but he'll get it anyway, no way he doesn't get a triple double in three games...which is...kinda ridiculous because we're at a point where you really expect him to make a triple double every game...which tells you enough about how they're padding them.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

No team wants to be that team that allows that record. That was hilarious to watch though.

I would say it would expose Westbrook for the stat chaser he is but the media will probably blame the evil Suns.

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I don't care if Westbrook goes off in the post season. Wins matter, not stats in the playoffs. Rockets 3-1 against the OKC Westbrooks when I watch!

Vivi likes this.
  6. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

hilarious, you thought you were joking, but the very first thing they say on the post-game show is that the suns were obviously doing everything they could to keep russell from getting the triple double, ignoring that westbrook had been trying for several minutes to only get assists since the game was already decided and the suns had rightly denied him in the flow of the game.

7. touring_low

touring_low Member

Even tho they got blown out, ESPN still gon ride his nuts all night/week for officially averaging a triple double... Media bias won't end, sorry guys.

DreamShook likes this.
  8. Vivi

Vivi Member

Oh ok, well, that's what matters in the end, i agree,no worries than :cool:

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yeah.... a normal blowout but how are the Suns that bad? Get hot in games that won't matter to them?

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm glad it was on NBATV with EVERYONE watching to see if he would get the record. Hopefully people see how he is perverting the game to chase stats. I wouldn't have a problem with the stat chasing if it wasn't the single reason Harden's accomplishments are being discounted.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I know but I do not think regular NBA fans and media would take that into account that Harden is a close competitor.

Harden probably cannot put up the stats from December, January, February.

12. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

The Suns announcers and NBA tv postgame crew are already giving Westbrook credit for taking himself out instead of chasing it, even though he was still in the game down 20 with 4 minutes left, passing up every shot he could to chase 2 assists. And he only took himself out once the Suns started intentionally fouling.

Dude can do no wrong.

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I don't even get why Russ does this. He goes into full pass, score, or rebound mode. 2 assists? That's nothing! you can get that in the flow of the game. Russ will blow up the game chasing a measly 2 rebounds here or 2 assists there.

He did it in the 3rd quarter of the recent Spurs game. All he needed were 2 assists and he went into full pass mode when they were up on the Spurs. Spurs came back from 20 back because of the selfishness. He later got the 2 assists in the 4th, but it was too late, the Spurs went full Spurs.

JayGoogle likes this.
  14. Mr. Space City

he plays like me on my mycareer in nba 2k17.

when you're at 9 rebounds you say **** contesting shots and camp out in the lane and when you're at 8 assist you don't even try to shoot and keep passing even if you keep turning over the ball.

Reeko and JayGoogle like this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He still does not own the record over OR. He needs one more. 3 games left for him.

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I've been saying this ____ for months.

Play myCareer...you'll find yourself doing the same thing he does, you'll go into a mode where you just chase a certain stat for the craziness of it. You'll lurk around the paint searching for rebounds, you'll pass up on open shots, this is Westbrook right now. A myCareer player, and not in a good way.

It's easy to get a triple double if you have the talent and focus on it. Absolutely. Well, easy is overboard but Russ has the talent and athleticism to get it. Lebron could have been doing this from his rookie season if he focused on it with his size and rebounding ability. Russ was the only one crazy enough to actually try it.

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

the assist hunting in the 4th quarter was an absolute disgrace to the game of basketball

Vivi and DreamShook like this.
  18. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

OKC isn't going to win the championship. He knows it, his teammates know it and even the fans know it. By averaging a triple-D and having the record over Oscar and alson winning the MVP, that is a goal that can be pursued and achieved.

Even if WB played the most unselfish basketball possible, again "OKC isn't going to win the championship. He knows it, his teammates know it and even the fans know it." They are chasing the only glory available.

And everyone from on the team, all the coaches, all the fans are okay with it.

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You should be playing to win games. Rockets didn't come into the season with championship aspirations, yet here we are, a darkhorse.

Chasing stats is not good for a team, in any situation. Good for Russ, sure, it's his legacy...but the team? Nope.

20. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

I know the media had to see that Phx vs OKC game. C'mon now.. down 20 and he trying to stat pad.