1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Game Action: 4/7/2017

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clutch, Apr 7, 2017.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

All times are CENTRAL
    -Visitor-HomeTime
    [​IMG](38-40) MIAMI
    HEAT
    [​IMG](48-31) TORONTO
    RAPTORS
    6:30 pm
    [​IMG](35-43) DETROIT
    PISTONS
    [​IMG](53-25) HOUSTON
    ROCKETS
    7:00 pm
    [​IMG](30-49) NEW YORK
    KNICKS
    [​IMG](42-37) MEMPHIS
    GRIZZLIES
    7:00 pm
    [​IMG](60-18) SAN ANTONIO
    SPURS
    [​IMG](32-46) DALLAS
    MAVERICKS
    7:30 pm
    [​IMG](31-47) MINNESOTA
    TIMBERWOLVES
    [​IMG](48-30) UTAH
    JAZZ
    8:00 pm
    [​IMG](33-45) NEW ORLEANS
    PELICANS
    [​IMG](37-41) DENVER
    NUGGETS
    8:00 pm
    [​IMG](45-33) OKLAHOMA CITY
    THUNDER
    [​IMG](22-57) PHOENIX
    SUNS
    9:00 pm
    (NBATV)
    [​IMG](31-47) SACRAMENTO
    KINGS
    [​IMG](23-55) LOS ANGELES
    LAKERS
    9:30 pm

2. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Go Hawks, Rockets, Grizzlies(not that it matters), Mavs, T'Wolves, Nuggets, and Suns(yeah, right).

3. Fantasma Negro

When did the Knicks get a Plumlee brother?

4. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

except for a jr smith contested 3 in the first quarter, i'm not sure the cavs have hit a single difficult shot this entire game. except for layups, pretty much all they've done is brick open 3's and miss jumpers and ft's. meanwhile, muscala is draining 3's and dunleavy is banking 3's.

granted, if the cavs had tried at all in the first half or the second half of the 3rd quarter this wouldn't be an issue.

i felt bad about this game when it started and now i know why. the cavs put forth no effort with a chance to lock up the 1 seed against a team resting its entire starting five and they blew it. it feels like irving and deron williams missed every single jumper, no matter how open.

this is why a guy like pop is such a great coach. not only would he win this game, he would have rested all of his big players and then still won by 20 with bench players.

5. francis 4 prez

dayum! not only did they lose to the hawks, they just got straight up embarrassed. maybe the worst transition defense by any team all year, getting dunked on left and right, and i think have missed like 8 shots in a row after it was a tie game.

when they went up 9 in the 3rd you figured they had figured it out, then they promptly gave up a 10-0 run, including 2 "fast" breaks where they just jogged back and gave up layups.

they've screwed up their ability to rest lebron all season and now might even be able to blow the 1 seed while doing it. bravo to ty lue on his excellent coaching.

6. francis 4 prez

keep lebron in the game ty. he doesn't need any rest. you only played him 40+ minutes against an undermanned team while you were down 20 (edit: seriously, unbelievable he would play lebron almost the entire 2nd half instead of holding the team accountable for actually playing hard and not just relying on his crutch).

on a side note, after the rockets game and this, i don't wanna see tim hardaway jr ever again.

#6 francis 4 prez, Apr 7, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
  7. francis 4 prez

as if to make my point, pop sees the mavs on the schedule and even though they are playing all their players, he rests all his players and still wins the game comfortably. i didn't even know they had a guy named forbest and he was their leading scorer. what would he do with a guy like lebron and this team? would he win every year?

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

@DreamShook OKC down 12 after 6 minutes in the 3rd -__-

DreamShook likes this.
  9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

back to 23 to end the 3rd. WB keeps bricking

DreamShook and Vivi like this.
  10. Vivi

Vivi Member

Lmao ESPN had like three different front page breaking news about Westbrook in 10 minutes.

He's also back in the game way earlier than usual, they're definitely trying hard to make it happen, lets see if the Suns are going to put another mark to their already super pathetic season.

Last thing, i read an article title "On the season of Westbrook, and the accomplishment previously said to be impossible", how is this not laughable when they're just gifting him those few boosted rebounds per game which seems like they totally change/overcome any other argument? Roftl...this looks more wwe than nba to me.

#10 Vivi, Apr 7, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
  11. gumbleton3

gumbleton3 Member

Westbrook going into pass only mode.

12. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

roberson is the true MVP

doesn't play and OKC gets blown out by the tanking Suns

13. Lightsnowaction

Get the record already Westbrooke.

14. Vivi

Vivi Member

Well, they're down 20 with 2 minutes to go, the game is over, let's see id they still keep him in the game to let him get two assists in garbage time against the Suns D-League lol

EDIT: still in obviously

EDIT 2: out now lol

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

lol, MVP, MVP, MVP....

16. francis 4 prez

wait, westbrook finally came out after making the whole 4th quarter a stat-chasing farce? to the point he wouldn't shoot (and not just because he was 6-for-a-million) and the suns were purpose-fouling him so he wouldn't pass?

17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm not watching the game. Every time I switch on an OKC game, Westbrook goes off.

Vivi and heypartner like this.
  18. Lightsnowaction

Oh well, maybe next time.

19. Vivi

Vivi Member

Suns fans chanting "Let's go Russell" and booing Adams for not shooting a three after a Westbrook pass...how pathetic can they be? I mean, are they really that happy to be the team which give a guy a record? I understand that their franchise has been pathetic for years but damn...i didn't thought they were so desperate...

20. francis 4 prez

how ridiculous would it have been to get the record this way? 6-25 with like 8 turnovers against a scrub team and you try to chase 2 assists in a blowout 4th quarter? i'm sure nbatv would have loved that to be the game they play for years to come.