1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

NBA Game Action: 3/19/2018

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clutch, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Juxtaposed Jolt

Both teams look like D-League teams out there. Very hard to watch.

2. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

celebrevida loves himself some Warriors

3. smp

smp Member

Even with all of those guys out, we still only have 1 more all-star than the Warriors.

4. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Technically we don’t. It’s even now

1 Rockets player made the All Star. :)

BigShasta likes this.
  5. solid

solid Contributing Member

GS's B and C team players look better than SA. The Spurs really suck without Lenord.

buffalobills!!! likes this.
  6. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

Something just doesn’t add up, Warriors can’t get the 1 seed and will not drop to the third seed. Then all their star players got injured at the same time late in the season? WTF?

7. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

TBH, it's really hard to say how good the Warriors bench is. As I said every team is going to be bad missing their top 2 to 4 players. You can probably make the case that the Warriors don't have a great bench but is their bench ranked in the bottom half?

Probably not.

So assuming their bench is middle of the pack, it can't be said to be "bad" even if it isn't a top bench. I mean its one thing to say their bench isn't an elite bench another to say that it is a "terrible" bench. If you took the top 4 players out of every team, I doubt the Warriors would be worse than average in such a league.

#47 celebrevida, Mar 19, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
  8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

When the Warriors were trying to get the #1 seed, when the Rockets were only .5 games up, Warriors were trying. You better believe they were trying. All the publications said they were going to try and win out, said it would be fun to do it. They were still trying when Curry went out with injury and KD was playing. They were only 2 games back with a cupcake schedule.

These are real injuries. The Warriors are smug enough as an organization to just come out and say they weren't trying.

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

He HAS to be gone. That job will be the most attractive opening in the NBA. Nuggets will have first dibs on anyone they want.

BigShasta, Swiss Roll and Vivi like this.
  10. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

69 pts with a couple minutes left. This may be the lowest scoring Warriors game in like 6 or 7 years

hakeem94 and BigShasta like this.
  11. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Warriors not having homecourt advantage in both the Conference Finals and the Finals would be hilarious. Not that they would get past the Conference Finals anyway...

12. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

More cushion for the Rockets to possibly bench players the last week of the season if they want.

13. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Draymond went out also. So he was technically right ;)

ghettocheeze, dragonwill and RasaqBoi like this.
  14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

This is exactly what I am hoping for. Decrease the chances of Gordon/Capela/Paul/Anderson getting hurt. Because every single one of them has been injured this year, including Harden. You can also take your foot off the pedal a little. Less drives to the basket, less games played, and less minutes when playing.

In other words let Joe Johnson take over.

dragonwill likes this.
  15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Media acts like the Rockets haven't been injured all year. 17 games for CP, 7 games for Harden, a few games for Clint. I'm tired of the media pretty much saying the Rockets were gifted with their current standing. GSW didn't let the Rockets pass them for the #1 seed.

16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I have seen a few people say on here they prefer Lebron not come to the Rockets this offseason. And to win without him, but perhaps with Paul George etc.

That's fine, I suppose I agree.

I would though be highly curious about how many wins the Rockets would capable of with good health for a season. Would they be able to push for breaking the Warriors record a few years ago, that's one way Lebron could get a bit of revenge from the Warriors.

An improved Capela. With Chris Paul, Harden, and Lebron for even just one season would stomp teams.

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The problem is Capela is gone if LeBron comes. That seems almost certain. They cannot max him AND LeBron.

Also, EG may be required to dump Ryno's salary in order to make signing LeBron legitimately possible.

IMO, unless he falters in the playoffs, Clint will be the Rockets #1 priority this offseason (after LeBron). He is a definite re-sign if LeBron doesn't come.

Rocket River likes this.
  18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I may be wrong (obviously) but I do not think Capela will get that big of a contract. Around 15 million is what I think.

19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

it was the Tony Robbins pep talk that doomed them

ghettocheeze likes this.
  20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

they should call now and get a refund!