1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

NBA Game Action: 3/18/2018

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clutch, Mar 18, 2018.

1. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Ralphus isn't up to the task?

[​IMG]

ghettocheeze, BigShasta and Vin2k2 like this.
  2. MD_in_Training

5-8th is separated by 0.5 games. We can very well face both Jazz and OKC. Not that I think we will lose to those teams, but we should not be celebrating these matchups. Both can wear us down before the main event with GS.

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The call on Ibaka was bogus because Adams grabbed him first. DeRozan was fouled by Brewer on the shot he missed where he got the tech. [Unnamed Raptors player] was fouled at the rim on a made layup. There were a couple of more plays.

It's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes.

4. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Raptors last game against the Mavs a couple days ago.Derozan got bailed out with horrible call. Dwight Powell was standing straight up, arms up, feet on the ground and Derozan had picked up his dribble..clock was running out so he just jumped into Powell to get free throws. It was a crucial call because both the Raps and Mavs were struggling to score at all and the Mavs were up 2 with under a minute to go. Raps eventually won in OT.

ghettocheeze and BigShasta like this.
  5. count_dough-ku

The Ibaka/Adams call could've gone either way(or been a non-call). But DeRozan pushed Brewer to the ground to get to the basket. So if the refs were on top of things, he would've been called for the offensive foul before that shot attempt ever took place.

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Greed to want everything (what's good for Rox and bad for OKC) is bad for the culture.

Stay humble...stay hungry
    for safety

7. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

No Irving for the Celtics who was questionable. Still hope Pellies lose because all that b****ing.

8. count_dough-ku

Utah has won 21 of their last 23 games. Their remaining schedule is not that tough. They're likely finishing 4th or 5th at this point. The Blazers seem solidly in 3rd place. The only question to me is can the Thunder maintain their current level of play the remaining 12 games(BTW, I think they can).

9. raptorsguy

raptorsguy Member

Bad reffing today. Definitely favored the Thunder and this is me trying my best not to be a homer.

Even then... The Raptors did not deserve to win. Couldn't contain Russ, couldn't grab a board and Serge just sucked balls.

ghettocheeze, D-rock and Entropy like this.
  10. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Prepare yourselves: OKC hype is coming.

11. BigDikNENE

BigDikNENE Member

OKC 6-0 since our boy Brew entered the starting lineup :eek:

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Except they aren't. Example: They said Lowry's 6th foul was legit. I've listened to them other times and they regularly critique bad plays by the Raptors.

touring_low likes this.
  13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i watched him a bit tonight ..his d is solid.. he doesn't gamble much like he used to do here

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Man, Presti has poached Morey's trades, Westbrook stole Harden's MVP's, Melo chose OKC over the Rockets, media has made excuse after excuse for OKC despite their under achievements year after year.

It's not greedy to want the worst for OKC.. It's spiteful.

smh. anybody else but OKC.

15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

1) raps cummentators are the whiniest b****es outside of elliott and michael cage. it kinda sorta made me appreciate clyde :confused:
    2) derozan as good as he is offensively, is a far worse defender than even harden
    3) raps rely on major contributions from a bunch of young guys off their bench. will be interesting to see how they perform in the playoffs. my guess is not nearly as effective
    4) raps' success is significantly in part on simply playing harder than the opponent, which is going to even out in the playoffs
    5) ibaka played terrible, hard to see why casey left him in to finish the game
    6) why does donovan keep sitting his "big 3" all together while his bench scrubs get killed?
    7) marc davis is one of the b****iest refs in recent memory, but imo he was equally b****y to both teams today

ParaSolid and raptorsguy like this.
  16. heypartner

I'll make it simpler...

When Rox are rolling like this ... wishing ill will on others is worse for the culture than predicting further streaks and wins by the Rox

Stop the spite ... for safety

17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

EXACTLY!! Man, I'm going to be so annoyed. I really hope Rockets win tonight or I'm going to have extra salt in my blood.

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

You're trying to turn my silly superstitions against me, hp. smart.

19. heypartner

And it will include how Brewer isn't Garbage and has created a cultural shift.... haha

20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

even if we lose tonite, we do have a cushion now. and if we lose tonite, pour out some liquor for the trollblazerz come tuesday