1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Game Action: 12/12/2017

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Dec 12, 2017.

1. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

They're 4th in the west. Sounds about right for 2 young inexperienced guys and a bunch of new guys to the team.

2. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

That was all Wiggins. He's not very smart defensively.

3. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Definitely not counting them out. They have the potential to beat us in a playoff series.

My only point is that it's too early in the year for me to feel confident about who is a better playoff match up for us in a hypothetical 2nd round.

We just gotta keep trying to win and shoot for the 1 seed no matter what other teams do IMO

Tfor3 and DreamShook like this.
  4. Mr. Space City

they still should be better defensively. if they played defense they would be a top 3 seed.

the celtics have young guys and a bunch of new guys and they're fantastic defensively.

KAT has been horrendous on defense.

hakeem94 and fba34 like this.
  5. fba34

They've always been poor defenders. I think I just never rated them highly even after all their acquisitions. I expect Boston to maintain being top 2 in the Eastern Conf, which they are doing. I never expect the TWolves to be among the top 4 though.

Mr. Space City likes this.
  6. fba34

Of course its too early to start fixing games, and chances are the TWolves wont make up ground to catch the Spurs for the 3rd seed, but if it does happen that the Spurs drop to 4th, I hope we let the the Warriors get the 1st seed. For all their cocky prancing during the playoffs, being down 20 to Kawhi and the Spurs was a fitting punch in the face for them Warriors.

7. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

This!!!

8. rockets13champs

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i can't take more than 2min straight of this bspn crap so i'm wondering who actually sits down and watches this bs?

10. Daddy Long Legs

Willfully giving up the 1 seed no matter what the circumstances are would be getting WAY too cute.

We go for the 1 seed to have homecourt through every round no matter what. Screw letting gsw havebthe 1 seed out of fear for a 2nd round spurs 4th seed matchup

fba34 likes this.
  11. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

I watched it because I was curious. I think this show is for people who don't know a lot about basketball and get easily hyped up.

12. fba34

Some teams just have other's numbers, and for the last few years it's been both warriors and Spurs for us. Besides, home court advantage is an oxymoron for our team, we play better on the road.

Sonics > Rockets > Bulls > Sonics

13. Daddy Long Legs

We will have to agree to disagree there. Homecourt advantage definitely matters in the playoffs.

I would much rather have huge game 5s and 7s at home in a potential WCF rather than try to get the 2nd seed in order to dodge certain 2nd round opponents.

Spurs dont have our number. They beat us but they havent established themselves as a team that owns us everytime we play like sonics were against the rockets in the 90s

Also chris paul beat the spurs last time they played in the playoffs so its just as far to say cp3 has the spurs number as saying spurs have the rockets number. All of that is nonsense IMO.

This is a new rockets team this year. No matter what, they should pursue that 1 seed.

14. fba34

I see your point but I think we just have to disagree on it. The team has always been more vulnerable at home, just a sense I get after so many years and the record this year seems to show that as well.

I like the possibility of Chris Paul being the difference but I think he still is a part of the same system that SASpurs easily dismantle without their top player and a vet PG. As good as MDA has been, he still hasn't proven that his system works in the playoffs, and no the GSW teams don't count as his victories.

We just have to see how the season goes and hope for the best, hopefully with very little we wished we would have done after knowing better.