1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Game Action: 12/12/2017

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Dec 12, 2017.

1. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

mavs coming through to beat these trash asssss spurms. starting to get less worried about spurs in the regular season though. I think they are very capapble of beating us in the playoffs but I'm starting to doubt that they will keep pace with us in the regular season. They will probably be 3rd seed.

Rockets/Warrios are 50/50 for 1 or 2 seed IMO.

fba34 likes this.
  2. MystikArkitect

Kawhi comes back and affects the Spurs so much that they lose to the lowly Mavs.

MVP?

hakeem94 and Tfor3 like this.
  3. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

Would be amazing to have the Warriors and Spurs take out each other in the 2nd rounds and we finish that team off in the West Conf Finals

4. Daddy Long Legs

gotta fight for that 1 seed. Annoying that warriors aren't piling up any Ls but rockets have a chance for the 1 seed. We get the tiebreaker vs GSW if we win just 1 of our 2 home games vs them in january

fba34 likes this.
  5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Mavs win.. Doug Jones wins.. a night of upsets.

Reeko and RocketWalta like this.
  6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Exactly. It would increase the Rockets chances by a lot if the Warriors were taken to 6 or 7 games in a Spurs series.

7. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Spurs lose to Mavs. Great!

8. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Halftime show recaps every game but the Spurs loss to the Mavs. Is it because Beadle is there?

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

you know it.. lol..

10. macan

macan Member

we have a 2 games lead in the L department. it's on us now to get that 1 seed.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The Spurs are surprisingly mediocre on the road(by their standards). 6-7 vs 13-2 at home. Maybe that'll improve somewhat as Kawhi shakes off the rust, but if they keep playing at around .500 away from home, they'll wind up with a mid-50s win total which won't be enough to keep up with the Warriors or Rockets.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  12. fba34

Karma wise they owe the Spurs a season-ending injury to one of their superstars, it has to be either KD or Curry. And then that would revisit their last years championship as being a fluke cos Zaza took out Kawhi.

13. fba34

Worst case scenario is Pops rest the Spurs for the playoffs and let the team drop off to 4th. We kill ourselves for the number 1 seed.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. Daddy Long Legs

he might do that honestly. He's resting a lot of guys this year. He doesn't seem to be chasing the 1 seed.

In his mind I think he believes that SA won't catch HOU or GSW in the standings so there's really no difference between 3rd and 4th seed from his perspective. Either way, Spurs are gonna have to beat both of us on the road in order to win.

It's all good though. the 1 seed is worth getting homecourt over GSW for regardless.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. fba34

Its a big drop off from 3rd to 4th though. And TWolves doing their part by trailing to the Sixers.

16. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

lol Thibs is running his players into the ground per usual. KAT has 47 minutes and Butler has 45

hakeem94 and fba34 like this.
  17. Daddy Long Legs

still too early to have a rooting interest in engineering our playoff opponents IMO. We don't really know who these teams are yet. I just don't want any team to overtake us in the standings. I don't know who the dream matchups yet are.

I mean KAT went CRAZY against us last year and clint got injured against him. Maybe an older spurs squad that struggles on the road might be an easier match up by that time of year, maybe not. We really just don't know yet IMO.

18. Mr. Space City

without OKC, the timberwovles would be the biggest disappointment in he league.

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

Thibs is such an overrated coach. He always run his players into the ground and Wolves' D is terrible. How can you leave Simmons wild open under the basket over and over again?

20. fba34

Spurs killed us without Parker and Kawhi. That traumatized me last year as much as 97. For as long as I can remember, dont count out the Spurs as being a year too old, and they've been saying that since I was young.

hakeem94 likes this.