1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

NBA Game Action: 11/6/2013

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clutch, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

I know it's early but the Rockets are the 1 seed in the West. :grin:

2. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

thought that was lakers-clippers

3. rocketsmetalspd

Did you watch the game? I heard him say that check it out around the 2 minute mark in the 4th.

4. YallMean

YallMean Member

Cant wait till Sat. We are ready for the clippers.

5. Gil

Gil Member

Clippers are a poor version of the Steve Nash suns. They'll never go anywhere.

Both Griffin and Jordan aren't reliable in the 4th quarter. They play atrocious defense and jump shooting teams get exposed in the playoffs when the game slows down, teams know your tendencies, fouls aren't easily given & shots aren't falling. Only great thing about that organization is CP3 but how many undersized ball dominant guards won rings as the Alpha on their team?

OKC, Houston, Warriors and the Spurs are the 4 best teams in the West for me.

6. rocketsmetalspd

Me too but Lawler does say some cray things. Bill Walton used to do the Clipper with him awhile back.

7. clippy

clippy Member

My point is that there is really nothing to discuss here. Fans are fans everywhere. There are good ones and there are bandwagoners. Now some cities don't have other sports teams so they may have a higher percentage of diehards, but they will have bandwagoners when they are good and less fans when they are bad, just like every other team. There were lots of Clippers fans back when they sucked (which is most of their history)-- it's how Donald Sterling has made them the most profitable franchise in the league. There are simply more now and that's totally logical because they are good and fun to watch.

All I'm saying is that it's stupid to generalize fans based on the team they root for because it is the same thing everywhere. I'm sure there are even one or two good Laker fans.

8. rocketsmetalspd

The Suns are also playing well tonight lead the Spurs 53 to 51 at the half. Dragic is out for the Suns tonight.

9. parksn306

parksn306 Contributing Member

I am so happy that the Bulls have stumbled out of the gate. People were giving them way too much respect in the pre-season and were way too excited about Rose coming back, Simmons especially was gushing about them. Sports writers always seem to forget that there's a reason you play the games.

10. YallMean

YallMean Member

They said the biggest upset in the making in the NBA thus far in the season. They are way beside themselves for saying that. Did Heat lose to Cats already? We will see as the season progresses.

11. Gil

Gil Member

Morris twins a combined 25 points at the half of the bench on 10/16 shooting against the Spurs.

12. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

werent the pacers winless in the preseason as well

13. clippy

clippy Member

It doesn't make sense that you would say "jump shooting teams get exposed in the playoffs" and then say "OKC, Houston, Warriors and the Spurs are the 4 best teams in the West". Because all 4 of those teams are primarily jump shooting teams and only one of them (Spurs) has a dominant offensive post threat.

Also, I wish people would stop saying the "game slows down" in the playoffs because that simply is not factually true. And the Steve Nash Suns were a bad call from being the likely champions, and at the very least showed that run & gun teams can beat anyone in the regular season or the playoffs. I would hope you, as a (presumable) Rockets fan, would like that since your team is just as much of a run & gun outside jacking team as the Clippers & Warriors.

14. YallMean

YallMean Member

Clippy, come back and check with us at the end of the season.

15. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

Scola :D

Gonna be rooting for the Pacers in the East this year. Love that dude.

16. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Dude, what?

How often has CP3's size prevented him from playing at a superstar level?

You are correct about their 4th quarter play and jump shooting teams in the playoffs, but how can you say that and rank the Warriors (or even us) over the Clippers?

17. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

What the hell is this League Pass camera view in the Thunder game.

EDIT: thank goodness it's reverted to the usual.

18. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

19. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

man the warriors scare me, mainly because of Iggy..... he can shut down Harden

20. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

They have no bench. We do. Sure its gonna be a tough matchup against their starting 5 but our bench could get us back from deficit or extend a lead.