1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Game Action: 11/6/2013

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clutch, Nov 6, 2013.

1. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

that was referring to clippy btw. he used to be respectable.

2. what

what Member

Nice job pera, you screwed up the grizzlies in record time.

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

So...

The defensive minded Grizzlies can't play defense anymore?

LOL

4. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Classic case of change for the sake of change. A problem faced by many perennial contenders who don't improve despite their core's limitations.

See: JVG in Houston, Rick Carlisle in Indy and Mike Brown and the Cavs

5. clippy

clippy Member

Look at my join date, chief.

And I don't get what is so arrogant about my post. I was just making a joke for everyone who counted the Clippers out of this game when they were down 19 (currently up 2, obv. still in question). YOu can't really count out high powered offenses because they can go on big runs in no time flat.

6. Willard Decker

Is it truly change for the sake of change, or is it more a matter of management not recognize their team's limitations and overestimating their ability to contend? Anyone who's watched the Grizzlies over the few seasons knows the difference Lionel Hollins made, though his impact appears to have escaped the notice of the people he was working for.

--Captain Decker

7. Willard Decker

But I can count out teams that don't defend properly. The Clippers can put points on the board, but they give up as many points as they score. That doesn't bode well for a team hoping to contend. That they can't prevent an offensively challenged team like the Magic from scoring on them speaks volumes about how far they still have to go to become an elite team.

--Captain Decker

8. clippy

clippy Member

Clippers/Magic game is pretty good! I like this Magic team a lot.

9. what

what Member

that's like saying what stikes me about most rockets fans is that most of them weren't fans at all until clutchcity.

I can attest to this because there are very few rockets fans on this board that were actaully rockets fans in the late 80s to early nineties, when buck johnson and sleepy floyd and dave jamerson ran the count.

10. shastarocket

Sorry, i should have been clearer but I agree with you. The management doesn't recognize the limitations of the core and chooses to make the coach a scapegoat as opposed to improving the roster.

Memphis needed shooters and they brought in Mike Miller...really?

11. clippy

clippy Member

Well obv. they don't give up as many points as they score or else their point differential would be 0. Also, give the Magic some credit-- they are playing really well this year so far and any team is a tough out at their place.

12. clippy

clippy Member

It's ****ing stupid to generalize all fans from a few people on message boards. There are going to be good and bad fans everywhere. Generally I'd think the more intelligent fans would tend to be for the worst teams since there aren't as many of them, and the more fans you have, the higher percentage are going to be casual fans. It's been pretty hard to be a diehard Clipper fan since the 80s.

13. clippy

clippy Member

Blake's jumpshot is wet this game. Man if he added that in the offseason, he's going to be tough to defend.

14. what

what Member

exactly.

the rockets fans have their fair share of bandwagon fans just like every other team.

15. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Aaron Afflalo's turnaround jumper is money.
    I expect it to go in every time.

He has been killing it for me in fantasy so far this year.

Andrew Nicholson has some very nice footwork down on the block.

16. clippy

clippy Member

My brief experience in the Rockets main board showed me that most of the fans there don't know anything about any other team.

17. clippy

clippy Member

They have a lot of promising young talent that most fans have never heard of. This team has a really bright future. Who would have thought that they were the winners in the Dwight/Bynum/Iggy sweepstakes?

18. A New Age

A New Age Contributing Member

+1

going down to the wire

19. clippy

clippy Member

I'm seeing a Cp3 takeover right hyeah

20. shastarocket

Why are you going to let Griffin post-up during crunch time?