1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

NBA Game Action: 1/23/2018

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clutch, Jan 23, 2018.

1. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

watching Marcus Smart flop and get away with it over and over is ****ing infuriating

Pen15clubber and arno_ed like this.
  2. BigTex

BigTex Member

Lol **** Smart. 4 straight losses for Celtics.

hakeem94, Pen15clubber and arno_ed like this.
  3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I mean you have a chance to win the game so you give the ball to your best player. Marcus Smart...

4. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

No one gave it to him. He grabbed the rebound with 5 seconds left. No time to pass it.

5. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Cavs better be careful. The Pacers are 2.5 games back of the division lead and the 9th seed is "only" 4.5 games back of the Cavs. I'm sure they'll figure it out or make a trade that sparks them, but the way they're playing...

Pen15clubber likes this.
  6. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

He had Rozier wide open for the pass in front of him. Rozier who just scored 5 straight points off clutch shots..
    but Smart the worse shooter on the Celtics by far decides he's going to win it for them lol

7. BackdoorHarden

I told y'all! The black men be trying to keep da white man down in da NBA. We need the Rooney Rule or Affirmative action to help a young and up coming white guy in the NBA or they just ain't going to make it. They will become extinct. We don't need to have 8 white guys on a team like the Boston Celtics used to, but come on, there needs to be a law where their is at least one token white guy on each team. Kind of like one player from each team makes the MLB All-Star.

Did you know Scott Copper is a 2 times ALL STAR? WHO. That's right. Affirmative action

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Rozier was never WIDE open for a shot. Smart had an opening for the pass to Rozier as soon as he got the rebound and then a small opening with about 2 seconds left on the clock. To me, Smart's shot was better than a would-be attempt from Rozier.

9. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

The “chase budinger” rule

10. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

That's why I said wide open for a pass. Rozier was ahead of the play and just hit 2 very difficult shots and he would've had more time to create a shot.

11. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

My bad, I was going off the Tweet.

12. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Agreed. I just hate that the NBA does not seem to care about flops. It is clear what he is doing but refs are giving him the call every time.

I was soo happy he was the one that missed the gamewinner. He really is turning into one of my most hatred players.

Agreed it was a bad play from him. Unless you are the main scoring option you should Always pass to a player in front of you in such a situation (and even if you are the main scoring option you should probably pass the ball). Especially if you are not a good offensive player.

13. arubato

arubato Member

Mamba mentality

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Something the Rockets would NEVER get away with

Rocket River

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Agreed

Rocket River

16. J.R.